Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aleetx

1. I'm home!

Well, I had my surgery on Monday and finally came home this morning at 1 am, which I was a little bit unhappy about! I know I have made the right decision to get this done, just not so sure about my choice of surgeon. He is a general surgeon and doesn't do many sleeve surgeries, in fact he does more lap bands than sleeves. I was a bit disappointed that the nurses weren't very knowledgeable about my surgery and in fact, I had to explain in detail the surgery to two nurses that had questions. ...
  2. Fun times... :(

So this is day 3 of my diet. I would have to say that last night and today thus far has been the worst. That's when I started CRAVING foods. Ugh. Not to mention spending part of my afternoon in the ER yesterday after taking a fall! I was at my mom's house picking up kids and of course I was barefoot... stepped on one of those lids that cover the water shut off!?!?!? Anyhow its several years old and my foot went right through it. Scraping and cutting my heel, and leg. Fun, right? Not so ...
  3. Diet starts tomorrow!

Eating frenzy starts today?!?!?? LOL My other half is at the grocery store picking up last minute ingredients that I need to make these yummy recipies I've seen on Pinterest! I know, terrible, but today is the last day and I can't eat out since we so intelligently decided to give up going out to eat for Lent! Had I known then that this was going to happen so quickly, I think I may have chosen something different. But no, we chose to give up Facebook and eating out. So today, I am cooking ...
  4. Determination, determination, determination!

Okay, so I didn't eat very well today (still not in the diet phase), but I did manage to make 2 protein shakes and liked one of them! And... wait for it... I took my first walk! I almost let it slip my mind, but remembered, and as I said, if I had to go alone... I would! That's just what I did! Well, I took one of my three dogs. Going to try to take my female tomorrow, perhaps she won't have to pee on every mailbox and sniff every patch of grass! I surprised myself and walked for aproximately ...
  5. A new chapter

Next to becoming a mother, finding the love of my life, and buying my first home last year... this is the most exciting thing to ever happened to me. I just turned 30, wow, what a ride I've had! This is the time for change, to better myself, as a person, as a spouse and a parent!! I can't help but find all the positive in what is to come. My surgery is in 17 days! I began taking my vitamins today and started running "test protein shakes" lol. In that, I mean I'm going to play around ...