Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ladyinred5

1. I found an approved alternative to a vitamin B-12 shot!

I found it at GNC and confirmed it was OK with the my Bariatric Hospital. You can get a shot or take it in a pill form that dissolves under the tongue(Sublingual administration).

GNC B-12 5000 ZipMelt 60 tablets at $18.99 ( $15.19 if you have the GNC member card). Quick dissolving to facilitate absorption!

Here is the link:

I found it at GNC and confirmed it was OK with the my Bariatric Hospital. You can get a shot or take it in a pill form that dissolves ...
    Tags: b-12 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. Needing Antibiotics for Dentist because of surgery?

I went to the dentist today and he told me he could not give me a full cleaning because of the staples from my surgery. I have never heard this before? Have any of you? He said the bacteria could collect in any area where you have any kind of metal(I also have 2 screws in my foot) and that some Dr.s will not want you to get your teeth cleaned or any other procedure causing bleeding or bacteria to go into your system because these areas are a breeding ground for bacteria to go to. He said that I ...
  3. Liquid diet weight loss stalled.

I started my liquid diet on the 17th and lost 8 lbs so far, but now the last 2 days I have stalled. I have been walking and I have not cheated. I only have 5 more days till surgery. Is this normal? Is this a good amount to have lost so far? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ladyinred5
  4. Less than 2 weeks till surgery!

Man I can't believe it is so soon now when it seemed so very far and almost was refused. I am on the liquid diet and will be happy when it is done and know I will never have to feel this hungry again. There is so much on my mind and so much I am looking forward to. I can't wait to just feel good and healthy, to not feel so hungry, to lose the weight, to not be restricted from doing things because I am to heavy, to wear shorts and a bathing suit and not want to hide and to shop wherever the heck ...
  5. "Successful Weight Loss with the Gastric Sleeve" by Dr. Guillermo Alverez

I just wanted to to recommend this book to all of you. My Bariatric Hospital in Warren, MI recommended it to all of it's patients. It has the latest info on the Sleeve and is great for pre and post surgery. I found it to be very informative and it is written very well. It takes you through all the stages of the pre and post surgery diets, life after and has a good Q & A section. I have not seen anything else written that is so specific as to our need for information on the Sleeve.