Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jingles

1. protein hot drink

I am nearly 6 months out and 75 pounds lighter - happy! I get in extra protein by mixing 1 scoop of Unjury chocolate splendor (21 grams protein) with decaf coffee a couple of times a day. To insure that the consistecy of the protein is not clumpy when mixed with the hot coffee I blend the coffee and protein powder in my blender and then pour it into my coffee mug. It stays smooth and yummy with no clumps. I still like drinking 60 grams of protein per day to make sure I get enough in.
  2. If you are over 60...

Just want to let you know that those of us over age 60 can be successsful with the sleeve. I will be 62 next month and as far as I can tell I am losing weight similarly to my younger sleevers. Down 65 as of this morning and sitting here in size Large Christmas pajamas - whodathunk?!! When I had surgery the doctor mentioned that his typical patient is female between the ages of 25 and 45 and he added that I was his oldest since he started peforming the sleeve about three years ago. He also thought ...
  3. Three months post

I am three months post surgery and really feeling good. I have lost 63 pounds from the pre-op liquid diet to today. That translates to 4 size changes in pants (from 24 to 16-14 depending on the brand), from a 2X top to a Large or XL, again depending on the brand. I no longer have joint pain at my hips or ankles and I easily fit into airline seats now...that was one reason why I knew I had to get my weight under control because I have to fly a lot for work and I was having a hard time staying ...
  4. Under 200...199 to be exact!

It has been 10 years since I was under 200 pounds so this feels really good:-)...56 pounds off since August - my surgery was the 23rd and I did two weeks of pre-op liquids before surgery. I have gone from 2x to XL and L tops and from 24 pants to 16W. I just knew the sleeve was the right thing for me - I had gained a lot of weight the past couple of years and my 61 year old body was giving me fits - now it is appreciative of the weight loss and I take no meds except my supplements due to the surgery. ...
  5. 50 pounds gone!

I have been waiting for the scale to say 205 and it did this morning. now 6 more pounds and I will be in the hundreds - could have never done this without the sleeve (that much I know for sure like Oprah says). Have a great Friday and weekend ya'll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast