Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rainbow

1. That Crazy first year!

I did have pain with the recovery, and complications(BAD), but all said and done it was worth it to me because for me i was at the end of my rope and did not want to spend one more day being obese! I Knew without a shadow of a doubt that without the surgery i would never be able to lose the amount of weight i needed to be healthy again. I had suspected for years that something was wrong with me and that there must be a reason i could not lose the weight and why whenever i tried to, i would lose ...
  2. Hit a stall? Counting calories vrs Low Carb

If you Stall, You might not have to do anything but just wait for your body to adjust and catch up with the weight you have already lost and then you might start losing again! But if you want to tweak it, well the best approach is Low Carb high protein. Read Atkins or South Beach and choose what you think you can implement and live with. It is my humble opinion (also my PCP and my Bariatric surgeons opinions as well) That for Obese people the Low carb high protein Diet works much better then the ...
  3. Advice for the Newbie just sleeved

I have been on vacation in Alaska! Several newbie's asked me for some advice while i was gone, This is what i came up with:
    Staying hydrated is 1st priority,SIP, SIP,SIP! healing tummy with soft mushy is 2nd. Protein is important, but at this early stage your tummy is still healing so for this 1st couple months you don't have to be fanatical about protein, soft mushy feels the best and is gentle for your stomach to heal. Also remember that your tummy is tiny now, like a baby, so you only ...
  4. I just want to thank you for the Love!

Many of you fellow sleeves have thanked me for my advice and encouragement, but I need to make something clear. You all have helped me so much this last year, more then you even know! That first painful year after my sleeve i felt so alone. When i finally found this Web forum i was so happy to find other people like me! So i really enjoy helping the Newbies... i really know how much better i would have felt if i could have asked the same questions to someone who had been through it. Instead i had ...
  5. Working Out today

Well off to the Gym, where i actually Paid this guy to torture me for an hour. Last week i hurt so bad i could barely move for 3 days! I almost get the impression that i didn't have any muscle at all! I took I.B.-Prophene but it did not help much. The one thing it made me realize is that i need to keep going and work through it to get some Muscle and strength because i am the most pathetic, Pansy, weakling you ever saw! For my arms he had this machine set on 30 lbs and i tried to do it and couldn't! ...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast