Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

N2DVN

1. Sushi wrapped in cucumbers, instead of rice?

I heard an ad this morning for a new item on Bonefish's menu. It's 3 different types of fish, wrapped in cucumber, instead of rice. Has anyone ever had this type of sushi before? If so, how is it? Sounds yummy and a great alternative to traditional sushi, which I do miss!

Here's an interesting tidbit about sushi that I found while looking for a how-to on making them:

Read more: Sushi Secrets | Fox News
    Roll it with cucumber. A typical roll of sushi is prepared
    Tags: sushi Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. Nsv

I still weigh a little more than I did when we got married in '09 but my fingers are smaller now!

Today, I had to take off my wedding band b/c my engagement ring was sliding under it! Since it cannot be resized due to the type of metal it is, I will have to purchase a new one.

I also need to purchase a new Sabona b/c my wrist are much smaller now and my current Sabona is sliding down almost 2 inches down my arm.

These aren't major victories; but, hey, ...
  3. Four Weeks Post-Op

I'm 4 weeks post op today. Down 35 pounds and 10.75 inches. BMI is now 37! Seems like I am losing evenly all over. The only places that I haven't lost are my wrists but they have always been boney.

Haven't needed blood pressure medicine or glucophage XR since the night before surgery. No CPAP usage either.

Before surgery, my biggest concern was my hypoglycemia. Without the glucophage xr, my levels would drop to 38-60 overnight. Since the surgery, I have been monitoring ...
  4. Recommedation for how to get out of bed (VIDEO)

Here's a video that explains how my PT taught me to get out of the bed after my back surgery. (The video is for a hysterectomy but it still applies to back and stomach surgeries.)

Without a doubt, it helped me get out of bed easily the night of my surgery and every night since then. I really believe that it helped me recover quicker too.
  5. Recommendations for Almanza's (and maybe other MX surgeons') patients

My recommendations for items to pack are:

• if you are hypoglycemic, take a few mints to suck on prior to surgery. (it was okay'd by them for me to keep my sugar levels up until surgery.)
    • Lip balm/chapstick (Nivea Kiss of Smoothness is my fav b/c it’s not waxy or greasy.)
    • GasX Strips- NOT the pills
    • A big safety pin- to attach your drain to your pants or gown
    • A heating pad (I actually attached my safety pin to my heating pad for easy access.) Pack your heating pad
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast