Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

N2DVN

1. Finally had constipation

Up until the past 2 weeks, I had not had any issues with constipation. (pretty good for someone 2 months post-op, I think.) Then, all of the sudden, it hit me and I had also noticed my weightloss started slowing down.

Thinking through my diet over the past 2 weeks, there was only 1 variation that I determined has to be the problem. I had ran out of Activia and haven't gone to the grocery store to buy more b/c it was the only thing that I needed. Yeap, that was it . . . I'm back on ...
  2. interesting dr visit today

My OB/GYN has been on my case for 12 years to lose weight. She always says that I should just go the South Beach diet. In her notes, she once wrote that she recommended this the last time but obviously I didn't try losing weight b/c I actually had gained. She would never give me any advice other than "do the South Beach diet".

Well, today was my yearly. I had not told her about the surgery until then. I had expected her to be upset that I had taken such drastic measures when ...

Updated 03-20-2012 at 02:34 PM by N2DVN

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. Incisions - 6 wks post-op

Just wanted to share a pic of my incisions at 6 weeks post-op.

Also, attached is day after surgery (with drain still in) and 4 days post-op (w/o drain)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0960.JPG 
Views:	17887 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	3835Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0990.JPG 
Views:	17458 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	3836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post op incisions 6 weeks.jpg 
Views:	4390 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	3834
  4. Advice from CDC for Medical Tourists

From the CDC's Twitter: Receiving medical care abroad can be risky. Know about these risks and how to minimize them. http://go.usa.gov/Plf

A lot of what they say in the article is common sense.
    • Take a listing of your Rx and any over-the-counter medicines that you are taking
    • Prearrange your post-op care back home
    • Take a listing of your allergies
    • Take a listing of pre-existing conditions and previous surgeries
    • Pre-deteremine how you will communicate w/your doctor and
  5. Praying my immune system is working well!

Got to work today only to find out that over 25 people are out today due to a virus. I am praying that my immune system is working well enough to not catch what they have! I really don't feel like having their stomach bug. Maybe all of the yogurt that I have been eating helps me.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast