Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thanks, everyone. I downloaded it from here: Fitness and weight loss chart for women - Templates - Office.com
    Love the chart, and your progress! Be proud! You look great!!!!
    Wow!! Congrats on your progress.... 90 lbs in 9 months!!! Is the chart you used one you created yourself? I haven't had surgery yet, but wanted to so something similar.
    Thank you for posting this. I have it downloaded and ready for hubby and I to use after we heal from surgery next week. :-) One more tool... I am so excited for this!
    You really did a phonemenal job, you should be proud of your achievements so far,I wish you continued success on your journey.
    That's amazing Congradulations
    Thanks for the info. I'm so exited and nervous. I'm having mine on 3/1.
    Kalipso2, I just got back from Dr. Almanza last week, and while I think you would probably be fine if going alone, it really is very nice and comforting to have someone with you. I was so thankful to have my husband. I think everyone's experience is different depending on the people on staff the day of surgery and how many are having surgery that day etc. etc. You can also read my experience on my blog as well. It was overall OK just different than this one.
    I went on my own kalipso2 and had no problems or worries, they take good care of you
    Sorry, kalipso2, just say your question. Yes, I would go alone, if I had to, but my hubby and my mother would have never allowed it. They both wanted to go and it took a LOT of convincing to keep mother from going. Both are overprotective! They were that way when I had back surgery too.
    Thanks everyone, forgot to mention that for the first time in 13 years, I weigh less than what my license states! Only a pound less, but I'll take that!
    No THANK YOU! I appreciate the Mexico Trip Tips you put together. My sister went in August and I'll be going in December!

Thanks for the encouragement!
    Woot woot congrats!!!
    Dreams DO come true! Congrats
    So Awesome! I am 9 lbs away!
    Wtg! Great Job!!!
    Why can't you drink when you eat? I sometimes take a sip because it feels like it helps the food go down. Thanks!
    thank you for such a detailed account of your trip. i'm considering dr. almanaz. i will be traveling alone. knowing what you know now, would you go alone if you had to?
    Best wishes, cketelsen! Please keep us posted on your recovery and new life.
    I have these too!! I LOVE them!
    Is Ross a store? I live in Michigan and we dont have those! Does anyone know where I could get some in my state?
    Updated 09-11-2012 at 09:18 PM by L.Gould
    Thank you so much for this detailed info!! My hubby and I are going to Almanza on Friday and we are both nervous and excited! I'm ready to end this battle of the budge once and for all but surgery is a nerve racking event no matter how easy the procedure. But I really hope our outcome will be as seamless as yours seems to have been. Congrats and good luck!!
    THANK YOU!I have printed the list and will headed to the store.
    Do they give you diet plan to follow once you return home?
    I have been taking it twice a day since 1 week post-op. I'm just past 7 months post and am still taking it. Sort of afraid to stop. I haven't had any problems. It is supposed to prevent gallbladder issues, according to the NIH link in my post.

BTW, at Walmart it's $15 for a month's supply, not too bad.
    I was goign to speak to my doctor about getting ursodiol anyways- did you take it beforehand? Is it an everyday sorta thing or how does it prevent an attack?!

Thank you!
    I just joined this forum today! I'm planning to have the Gastric Sleeve Jan 2013. Also using my FSA card. I'm thinking this is going to be the longest 4-5 months EVER! I've been scared/skeptical about going to Mexico to have it done but its the only way I can afford it. I've enjoyed reading your entries so far. Will keep reading! Thanks!
    Congrats on your wonderful sucess and it is a blessing you survived that horrible accident!
    I am most certainly going to Ross tonight. Thanks.
    Thanks for the tips, ladies!
    OMG, I was just talking to my boss, who also had WLS about these very panties!! She wanted to know if I was having problems with finding underwear that didn't start falling off of me every few weeks, and I told her about these that I got at Ross. I bought every pair they had at around the same price that you paid. I had bought them right before surgery, and I am still able to wear them 6 sizes later!! They are awesome, and super comfortable. I also like the XOXO brand that are very similar, that are also sold at Ross with 2 to a pack. Like you, panties are the ONE clothing item I have not had to buy since my surgery. I HIGHLY recommend them as well.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast