Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Yummo! We don't have Arnolds sandwich thins here but I think I could substitute a pepperidge farm lowfat one. Thanks for sharing ! So glad I am not on shakes anymore and eating real food again!
    Recovery period was just that! Now I am ready to move on with living!
    Yes, I have decided to go ahead and make a lifestyle change pre-op.

Nothing tastes right. I made some of my favorite cupcakes (normally purchase them from a bakery but decided at $3.50 a pop, making them would be better for Thanksgiving) I used the exact same recipe that the bakery uses. Hubby, kids, and everyone else LOVED them. I took one bite and had to spit it out. Even my fav, Diet Dr Pepper tastes weird. I haven't had one in over a week now.
    I find that I need foods with strong taste and that satisfies me better, i.e., olives, sharp cheeses, etc. I love shrimp cocktail w/sugar free ketchup and lots of horseradish. I certainly lots less, but love spicy and strong foods and seem to have no problem tolerating them (knock wood
    I have my surgery in 2 weeks and I am noticing that food doesn't seem all that appealing to me as well. I am eating less than what I normally do and avoiding soda and all the bad stuff that I can. I think its a state of mind as you were probably thinking about the surgery in the back of your mind and your body was preparing itself for it. My doctor says its kind of like child birth your body just knows what to do if your in the right state of mind and surgery is what you have decided as its always a thought in your mind and your body just falls into place.
    I think my issue was more boredom with the preop selections. Knock on wood, three weeks post op, I have not lost taste for any foods I ate before surgery. Keep in mind, I am only 3 weeks post op and I haven't tried many things bit those I have, were delicious!
    Are you eating differently already? When you change your diet, your taste preferences do tend to change.
    i wore one of my maternity bra's post opp for a couple of days then the underwires went straight back on!!x
    I looked up the nutritional info and it looks good except for the fact that it has caffeine. I guess in moderation (and if it's not fizzy) it would be good, especially for those of us fighting fatigue! Just be sure to increase your fluids to counteract the caffeine intake.
    Thanks, Ladies! I may get one non-underwire to take to MX, in case my underwires aren't comfortable to wear.

I really don't mind the uniboob look, it's my breasts touching each other that I don't like. The girls must be separated.
    Step away from the BUBBLES! NO BUBBLES of any kind.... have a glass of wine!
    I wore my regular wired bras - Always... No problems
    i use zip fizz routinely. It has increased my B12 levels ( were low). I asked my bariatric nutritionist about it and he said the fizz in it is from bicarbonate which is fine.
    If it's carbonated it's a 'no-no'...If it's not carbonated then it may be okay.
    I wore the wired bras post-op with no problems. My top incision was low enough that it didn't interfere or rub against the bra.
    I am an elementary school principal. The school lunches (and breakfasts that my cafeteria serves) are awful! So much fat, no tatse, and high calories and sugar! My own kid takes his lunch to school!
    the one that I tried was already bottled... not sure about something you have to mix yourself
    MiMi, I typically avoid controversial topics, like politics. This time it struck a nerve w/me. They are always saying that there are too many obese kids but they don't want to help them.
    so, it does have fizz in it? I thought it might but couldn't figure which ingredient would cause the fizz. Guess it is out of the question. Fizzy lemonade doesn't appeal to me.
    I'm not going to get all political (although I could) but the short answer is YES! The whole crazy bunch in DC is insane. I'll leave it at that!
    I actually bought one yesterday that closes in the front with no underwire and it fits fairly good. It's more of a lounge/sleeping bra. There's not enough support without the wire. I haven't worn one w/o the underwire for at least 20 years!
    I also ONLY wear bras with under-wires but during the first 2 weeks I did wear sports bras. They were just the basic no frills kind too. The thing is, I tried wearing my regular bra one day when I went to the doctor but the band and wire hit me right over my incision. Honestly I didn't care at that point about the uni-boob look, I only needed comfort.
    My incisions weren't anywhere near my boobs. I wore my underwires all the time. Can't stand the uniboob either. Lol I love that word never thought of it that way.
    school lunches are absurd! I stopped letting my 11 year old get hot lunch when I stopped by the school one day a couple years ago. it was all starches and the only healthy item on the plate was a couple carrots. no wonder our kids are overweight! makes me angry because so many kids are on free lunches and can't afford to pack healthy food every day OK I'm done venting too. lol
    the issue is not with the drink so much other then I prefer less chemicals.. its with the fizz... carbonation is not good after surgery. I was a soda junkie before surgery... but now don't really care for it... remember after the surgery you will not have the capacity you have now... and that fizz can make things really uncomfortable.
    Made it this morning w/only 1 splenda and hubby LOVED it! This one is a keeper.

BTW, Sam's Club has a box of 60 Swiss Miss No Sugar Added packets for under $7.50.
    It tasted MUCH better with the milk, skim of course!
    Protein is such a tricky thing! Hopefully it will taste better with milk ;-)
    I got the card too and haven't used it at a restaurant, but I accidentally pulled it out of my purse at work the other day and tried to use it for the swipe thing on the door...Apparently it doesn't meet all of our needs - it couldn't open the door! Lol!

Seriously, I've just asked at restaurants to order a 1/2 portion or ala carte and restaurants are cooperative without the card. Montana's will allow you to order just a plain single chicken breast for a reduced price as have other places.
    I like that brand also. In fact, i'm wondering what the chocolate would taste like as hot chocolate.......sans marshmallow, of course :-(
    I was in the hospital for 2 days, and my drain came out the day I came home, so I didn't have to deal with that.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast