Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mimi53

1. Relief

Hello everyone,
    I've been so worried about telling my family about my decision to have gastric sleeve surgery. However, I told one of my sisters last night and she was so happy for me. She had tons of questions but she was so supportive and encouraged me to tell our Mom. Today I did that. Mom wasn't quite as excited for me but is very supportive and wishes she could be with me when I go through the operation and recovery. She lives about 3000 miles away but she'll be with us at Christmas ...
  2. I have a date!!!

I'm SO excited! I met with Dr. Nicholson today and I have a surgery date!! November 1, 2011 is the date of my surgery and the day things change for me. He (Dr. Nick) was SO encouraging and positive about my plan. I start my pre-op diet on 10/18 and I know it sounds crazy but I'm even looking forward to that. I am just so excited about the new me I'm about to discover.
  3. Here goes something!

Hello all, my name is Becky. I have only been on the forum for a few days now but I've really been encouraged by all of the posts I've read. I have struggled with weight my entire life. Just like most of you, I've been on every diet there is and with some I've had success. However, the weight always came back (and brought lots of friends with it) faster than I lost it. A few years ago several of my friends had lapband surgery and I wanted to do the same thing but my husband just wouldn't hear ...