Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kelly Jo

1. IVC filter?

So hubby got approved for his surgery and has set a date (2 weeks!)

He is about 200 lbs overweight. Our surgeon told him she wants him to have an IVC filter placed the morning of the surgery. I'm a nurse so I'm familiar with the filters.

However, I have not heard of anyone having these prior to sleeve surgery. Anyone else heard of this?

Thanks,

Kelly
  2. I know stalls are normal, but....

I'm a bit more than 5 months out. I have, from day one, lost slower than many. But this last month, I haven't lost anything. Doesn't seem to matter what I do. Up my calories, lessen my calories, exercise, don't exercise. I have, I think, for the most part, stayed pretty positive through all these months. Even knowing I was losing slow, I was ok with it. But I am truly reaching my point of frustration at this point. I keep gaining and losing the same 3-4 pounds. I was excited last week because I ...
  3. Please help

I am now 22 days post op. I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. The weight just isn't coming off. I have lost 11 lbs post op. Every 3 or 4 days, I might lose a pound. I had a week or so of losing a pound a day, otherwise it's just crawling.

I was told by the dietician to be around 600-800 calories a day, which is what I am doing. I'm getting in my protein and my fluids. I started back to work and the gym just yesterday, but was doing a good amount of walking prior to that. ...