Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

walk as much as possible and take Gas-X
    Sorry to say but it's normal. I was told the one thing that would help is walking. Feel better!
    I'm glad you're through it okay!
    How are you doing today?
    I don't understand why they just don't push it out after surgery, as part of their routine.
    Such a small thing to do and it would safe us so much discomfort.
    For those reading this, waiting on their surgery: ask them to do it!
    It is really so easy for them!
    Hi! Congrats on your surgery!! I remember being told that pain could be in the shoulder as well as chest and back. This sums up an explanation- "The carbon dioxide gas used to inflate the abdomen during the laparoscopy can irritate the phrenic nerve. This is caused by carbon dioxide gas trapped against the diaphragm (breathing muscle). This irritation is felt as pain in the lower chest and up into the shoulder area which known as “referred pain”."
    If you walk and move a lot then the gas should make its way out but if it doesn't or the bain is becoming really bad then I've heard the chiropractor can help. Damn gas!! Hope you feel better asap!!
    Yes, and Dutchie is right walk walk walk walk
    Yes.
    Annoying, bit painful, but nothing to worry about.
    Just walk as much as you can, that helps.
    Yes, you can do it!
    Just have some pain medication.
    Glad that you are doing well.

When you get out of bed try turning onto your side, then slide your legs out of bed - still horizontal and then push yourself up with your arm......reverse to get back into bed.
    I struggled to get in and out until one of the nurses showed me this technique.
    So glad to hear that you are doing well!
    That sounds great!
    Just sip, sip, sip, walk, rest, repeat.
    Get use to the muscle milk.
    After a month I allowed myself to drink the coffee one.
    Don't worry it will get better and better and better.
    soft soft soft foods no cane sugar...no corn sugar jello, not toast.
    I pray Jesus walks you through like he did me. In his name Amen!
    Wanda
    Good Luck! This will be the best thing that you have ever done for yourself!
    The surgery went well. I will get to go home sometime today. I am still taking meds for pain, but I have been walking and sipping a lot.
    Good luck with your surgery. Follow the doctors and dietitians advice, talk whatever pain killers they give you and when you start drinking, just keep sipping all the time.