Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MerrittGirlFL

1. Passive aggressive judgment

So everyone I have talk to seems to be very supportive about my surgery. Yet I find that some people will say things that makes me wonder. It’s like they just hope that it doesn’t work out or that I have complications because I’m “taking the easy way out.” Comments like “I don’t know how you think you are going to do it” and “if you can’t be committed to exercise and diet how can you do this” or “ I hope you know what you are doing because this is not a simple surgery “ oh and how about “ oh my ...
  2. What I do

I’m a 911 Dispatcher. I have been doing this job for 11 years. Before that I worked in medical bariatric offices and hopsitals. It’s a stressful job and we eat terrible and sit for 12-16 hours and sometimes get no lunch breaks so we eat out of vending machines. It’s not a healthy way to live. Yet day in and day out we answer calls from people who are young and old and all having heart problems, diabetic emergencies and over weight people who need help getting up or who fell and can’t grt up from ...
  3. The Roller Coaster Ride

My mind is constantly thinking about my surgery. I wake up and think about how I’ll eventually eat breakfast and how I will dress when I’m healthier and thinner. I sit in my car and wonder how my legs will look sitting in the driver seat. I drink my coffee and think what it will be like when I can’t drink caffeine. I worry if I’ll have complications and not be able to work. When I’m not busy at work I’ll think about what I need to do to be ready for my surgery and what I need to get and check FB ...