Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hi Christina
    Glad to hear that you are progressing well.
    When you get to the point where you are eating the require amount of protein then you probably won't even think about carbs. :-)
    Hello all,
    Just to tell you I've been ok with semi solid and pureed foods. I stopped dreaming about protein, which was so weird in the first place, but as they say 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'! I didn't realize how much I had missed it till I wasn't allowed to have it. Now just to get over the hurdle of not wanting carbs, lol.
    *~*Christina*~*
    Just had some amazing salmon off the grill tonight. I agree, anything is better than those shakes. Sounds like you're right on track, great job!

Fish is so easy on your tummy, love it. Especially early on it was 100% better than any meat for me. Scallops, ahi tuna, yum!
    Thank you all for the kind messages and suggestions,

I am taking omeprazole (generic Prilosec), 20 in the am and 40 in the pm. I feel better now than I did without it regarding the acid reflux, and do not feel the swirling anymore unless I delay the time I take it.

I'm not sure what it is. I think the time of the month has something to do with it. I'm due for my period any day now. During this time, I usually get violently hungry because of hormone fluctuation. I feel like it's not nearly as bad as a "normal" month.

We will see. I ate REAL FOOD yesterday and today. I'm determined to get all my protein from my food intake because I do NOT want another protein shake again. Focusing on things like eggs, mushy tuna fish and salmon has helped the hunger tremendously. I don't even want carbs. In fact I had been dreaming about salmon during the last two weeks, and I was finally able to have it! Thank god for small wishes!
    Sometimes the "hunger" that you feel is in fact indigestion. Did you surgeon prescribe something for you to take?
    But, but, I thought one of the points of VSG was to remove a lot of hunger hormones? That’s hat I was looking forward to. My surgery is Monday.
    The process does work as stated above, but the hunger doesn't always pass. I was hungry after surgery, and I'm hungry now almost 4 years later. I love food even more now than before surgery. I couldn't wait to eat food again, so I feel you on that.
    Trust me, it will pass! You probably need more fluids and have stomach acid swirling around in your “pouch”. Trust the process, it works!