Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I'm waiting on a surgery date but it should be within the next few weeks. I am slightly terrified of cooking going forward. I'm a huge foodie, love to cook and bake and entertain. I am trying to plan now for how to move forward with a new style of cooking as well.

Congrats on your success!
    What an encouraging post! I have the same issues with food - one meal its fine, the next its not my friend. I do not eat fast (I really have to watch it) so that's not it. I'm only 15 months out, so I'm hoping it changes (for both of us).

I have a great recipe for red beans (without the rice) that's pretty cajun-delicious. PM if you would like a copy.
    Fantastic!
    So happy for you and your success! Keep up the great work. Get rid of those clothes that are too big right now, that way you have no excuse to ever go back. Find someone who needs them, a women's shelter got all my fat clothes. I kept a bag in my closet, and if I tried on something too big, it went in the donate bag. I had saved one pair of capris just for fun, I could get both legs in one, but finally those went too.

I was one of those people who could eat anything, just not too much of anything. Your tastes may change after time.
    Hey Catherine!

Congrats on your success! you are doing great!!

Right after surgery I was nauseous for months and had many issues with many things, even smells.
    I couldn't stand milk or any cruciferous veggies. My taste became back to normal gradually at the end of the first year. Milk was fine after may be 7 or 8 months. But in small quantities in my moka, I was never a milk drinker, I'm borderline lactose intolerant. Usually I eat cheese or yogurt.

Yet, I'm 3 years out, and still can't eat much of pepper bell or broccoli. Lucky those are not my favorite, but I do miss cauliflower, I used to eat that often, I can eat a little of it but not much.

Alcohol is still a big no no. I can have a sip or two but I could never drink a glass. It's fine I was never a drinker. But the first year even a little in a sauce could make me very sick!

So don't worry things will change a lot!!

Take care!
    That's great!
    I am so happy for you! I had my sleeve about the same time as you and I also am feeling better. My ankle swelling has gone way down and my face is less puffy.
    Congrats!!!!
    Congraulations, keep up the great work!
    Congratulations Cat! I am having my first post op appt. on Aug. 30th and got sleeves Aug. 3rd. I must say that it is a process that I am trying to get used to. I don't know why but I feel like I am starving myself. I am drinking almost 64 oz of liquids per day. I have already tried pureed and have noticed that I can drink a protein shake but not more that 2 oz. or a few sips. I am longing for at least three bites of solid food. lol
    Congratulations!!
    So glad to hear you are doing well!
    Thanks for the support guys! It is a great feeling! I am over the moon with being able to walk without constantly stopping because of back pain! I did 10 push ups today. In time I will gradually add on to it. It feels good to hear comments from people on how I look now! Best decision I have ever made! Can't wait to see how I will look in a month.
    Congrats!! You will feel better and better every day and it is exciting to see the lbs melt away! Best of luck!!
    Congrats keep up the good work
    Well done Cat! Fabulous! :-)
    Continued success!
    Congratulations! keep going
    Congratulations Cat. It's such a wonderful feeling isn't it?!
    Keep up the good work.