Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hello there- Sorry to hear about your acid reflux problems, I understand more than you know. I had a sleeve back in 2015 the acid reflux increases which resulted in me going back to redo the full bypass. The acid reflux got better for minute but its backkkkkk, can you believe that! What I'm being told now is that I have a hiatal hernia and I'll more than likely have to take this medicine the rest of my life? I pray you won't can you tell me more about this gall bladder medicine? Having aches in my back on right side that make me feel as if this could be that, its not my kidneys had that checked. Anywho feel better, keep taking the medicine it does help alot.
    I had the sleeve surgery a week ago. I have severe heartburn. I'm taking 3 medications. I pray that it gets better.
    Quote Originally Posted by denzel
    @azladyrider, I am so sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you x.

I have developed oesophoeal motility problems, demonstrated on a barium swallow. Been back to see my Bariatric Surgeon as he wanted to see me, and he has referred me to a Gastroenterologist for an endoscope. I will be 4 years post-op at the beginning of Feb.
    I’m so sorry to hear about your new health problems. I hope you won’t need a revision because its been a nightmare for me. Sending prayers your doctors know how best to take care of your new health issues. Got to be frustrating to develop this 4 years post sleeve. I only went maybe 14mos before developing serious problems but took a lot of time and misery to get to the right doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    First of all, don't freak out about fish. It is so soft and easier on the tummy that you can get more of that healthy protein in. I was never told how much to eat, just to eat until that first feeling of full.

I was put on acid reflux meds as a precaution after surgery. I took it for one month. That was it, I was lucky not to need it after that.

Thank you!
    First of all, don't freak out about fish. It is so soft and easier on the tummy that you can get more of that healthy protein in. I was never told how much to eat, just to eat until that first feeling of full.

I was put on acid reflux meds as a precaution after surgery. I took it for one month. That was it, I was lucky not to need it after that.
    @azladyrider, I am so sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated. Thinking of you x.

I have developed oesophoeal motility problems, demonstrated on a barium swallow. Been back to see my Bariatric Surgeon as he wanted to see me, and he has referred me to a Gastroenterologist for an endoscope. I will be 4 years post-op at the beginning of Feb.
    You are not necessarily going to have pain. You don't sound like you are eating too much but it does sound like more than I could eat at 5 weeks but I guess that can depend on your definition of medium shrimp. How long does it take you to eat that amount? I know it would take me a full 35 minutes to eat an Oikos Greek yogurt. Also, are the shrimp fried or grilled? I know for most people fried foods can go down easier. If the broccoli is overly cooked and soft you can eat more than if it is firmer.
    Hi.
    Everyone is different and I can only tell you my experience.
    Early on I didn't get pain as such I just couldn't take another bite. I would put the fork or spoon up to my mouth and just couldn't put it in. If I did take that extra bite then the dreaded "Toad Froth" would happen. Only once have I vomited and that was with fresh salmon.
    Now my signal is hiccups - plus I now know just how much I should/can eat.
    At 5 weeks I wasn't eating vegetables I just didn't have room and even now I only eat them in small quantities - salad I can manage a bit more of. I don't think I could have eaten 5 shrimps but I don't really remember and my food diaries are at home.
    As you are concerned perhaps a phone call to your nutritionist of surgeon might be in order?
    Sue, I am sorry to hear this news!
    Quote Originally Posted by azladyrider
    Welp got the results from the 5th endo... GERD turned into Barrett's Esophagus turned into full blown Esophageal cancer.

For anyone that has GERD or constant acid reflux please get it checked out soon and often.
    I'm very very sorry!! this is such shocking news! I hope you have a good doctor.May be the stage is early since you had so many exams and good follow up?

I see a surgeon on Tuesday and must say I was thinking about cancer since my scan did show I have now a hiatal hernia. Reflux is not really worth but I can feel it's here without being painful...take care and keep us posted!! big hugs!
    Oh, Sue! I am so very sorry.

Ann
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycibertalk
    Azladyrider, I am so sorry to hear that.

PLEASE keep us updated of your progress.
    Thanks - yeah still waiting to see the oncologist and have a plan of attack. Not totally surprised - mom had ovarian cancer, sister died of colon cancer, dad lung cancer so .... runs in the family.
    Azladyrider, I am so sorry to hear that.

PLEASE keep us updated of your progress.
    Welp got the results from the 5th endo... GERD turned into Barrett's Esophagus turned into full blown Esophageal cancer.

For anyone that has GERD or constant acid reflux please get it checked out soon and often.
    Feel better!!. How are you feeling now?
    I had acid reflux before my surgery but it is too soon for me to know how I my body will react since I am only 7 days post op. I only consume clear liquids..I hope you feel better soon.
    I'm having my 5th endo today at 1 PM - had 2 hernias repaired earlier this year and the reflux stopped for a bit but now back full force and as painful as ever. I eat I get it I don't eat and I still get it. Ugh. Last checkup the doctor kinda sighed and said well I guess we'll do another endo then get you on the schedule for a full bypass soooo that's where I am headed.
    But this stuff is the best I have found by far. https://www.cvs.com/shop/heathers-tu...4?skuId=927374 Nothing else makes a dent. This has a real after taste of the peppermint too
    I saw you have a history of a hernia and acid reflux. Why did your doctor and you decide to go with Sleeve? It can make that much worse and for those that have a history like yours may improve for a period of time. I went a year than everything got worse. Now have s bypass. People without a history seem to do fine after a few months and may only have an occasional episode. I pray that doesn’t happen to you. If you don’t have one I’d recommend a wedge pillow and no eating close to bedtime. Good luck. The Sleeve helped me loose all the weight now the bypass will help me maintain.
    I had reflux for the first few months. I had to take Prilosec and also tums. It lessened around 3 months and disappeared after about 5. Now I only get it on occasion.
    I was given preventative reflux medication, but I stopped taking it after the first 2 weeks as it was making me feel ill. Once I stopped the medication I had no more problems. I use Gaviscon as needed, which isn't often and I only need it if I eat something too spicy or acidic. Good luck.
    I was given preventative reflux medication, but I stopped taking it after the first 2 weeks as it was making me feel ill. Once I stopped the medication I had no more problems. I use Gaviscon as needed, which isn't often and I only need it if I eat something too spicy or acidic. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycibertalk
    Thank you.
    Thank you
    Hopefully it's only temporary. I was on meds for one month as a preventative measure. Didn't need it any longer than that.
    Thank you.
    Hopefully it's only temporary. I was on meds for one month as a preventative measure. Didn't need it any longer than that.
    Had some reflux before the surgery but didn't know it (no pain or twice a year if eating too spicy), the surgeon discovered it with all the exams pre-op.
    Reflux was strong post-op, was taking a PPI for one year, tried to quit it for several month, reducing the dosage after six months, then being extra careful with my diet (no acid, coffee, fruits etc) I was finally able to stop it.

There is several side effect I didn't want anymore, but reflux was so strong for several months I still had to take the medication to protect my sleeve. But being persistent in your diet will help a lot.
    Good luck!
    So sorry, I had my hernia fixed because of acid reflux, I thought that would take care of it.
    I did not wanted to take pills for the rest of my life, Ohh My God, I pray mine will go away.
    Thank you for the information.
    Gastric sleeve gave it to me, and it sucks. It's been 4 years and never gets any better for me. I take prescription Protonix, and if I am late taking it, I am miserable for a day before it kicks back in. I was really hoping it would go away as time went on. No such luck.
    Every day gets easier. By the end of the week I think you'll feel pretty good! The hard part is over, now the fun begins! This week take a lot of naps, and when you aren't sleeping walk a little and be sure to sip to get in your liquids and protein. You'll do great!
    Thank you.
    I just do not know why I have so much burps with liquids sipping very tiny sips, when I have premier protein very small sips I get burp and a pain on the left part of my chest.
    I am on day 4.
    Every day gets easier. By the end of the week I think you'll feel pretty good! The hard part is over, now the fun begins! This week take a lot of naps, and when you aren't sleeping walk a little and be sure to sip to get in your liquids and protein. You'll do great!
    Good luck with your journey. The first couple of weeks are difficult, but it does get easier and better.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast