Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Yes, just before Christmas 2018 I had a circumferential body lift and gynomastic reduction.

Believe me calling it a tummy tuck is being kind; they literally cut off excess skin and fat. It is brutal to watch!

https://youtu.be/wR_zThIjPjw (This isn’t me by the way!)

I had 2kg removed from my circumference and then a pint of fat lyposuctioned out of my chest before having that lifted too.

It was worth it but was unbelievably painful. I am 6 months post opp and the stomach muscles still ach in certain places (they tighten them up too).

But, I’m glad I had it done!
    Your a year out, you might want to wait until you are maintaining a weight for a few months, you might notice with exercise and time that your skin might bounce back enough to not need surgery.
    Awesome! Congrats on your success! (I love your flamingoes too )
    I did go for a consult last year. Would love to have a tummy tuck and lift. Price tag? $20,000
    AMAZING! You will definitely inspire others starting out! Keep up the great work
    Hi,
    I did meet several surgeons for consults and had an arm lift on 7/18 (and fatty tumor removal on arms and legs) when I was about 30 months out, had reached my surgeon's target weight for several months (but not mine).
    I decided to start with my arms because one of the tumor's byopsie came back unclear.

I was told to start with the tummy tuck by one of the surgeon I met but after months of exercise, most of the skin bounced back and it was not that bad after all. Not planning to wear a bikini in a near future so I'm fine with the extra skin that is not noticeable especially not when wearing a suit .

My arm lift didn't give me the expected result (now I have "dog ears that require corrective surgery), and besides getting those tumors out all at once, I wish I had not done it...

I don't think I will go for the tummy tuck ever, even if that surgery is covered by my insurance...
    I never did, but learned from about 3 different surgeons (I've been attending support group for a long time) that you should wait to have surgery until you are at goal weight for a year.
    I’ll be six months post op on November 16th. No hair loss yet but I continue to worry about it. Below is the most specific information I have found on the subject. Searching for the name of the condition, Telogen Effluvium, gave me much more information. I’m hoping my luck holds out.

How Long Does It Take For Hair To Grow Back After Telogen Effluvium? In Telogen Effluvium, chronic hair loss generally starts 2 to 4 months after the event that triggers it occurs and lasts for around 6 months. Once the hair falls off, new hair starts growing quickly.Mar 9, 2018
    Yes and now am 6 months out and still drinking it, The Vodka kills the fizz in the coke as we all know, So it does not fill me with gas or want to explode, I don't smoke any more , We must have or treats and am still loosing weight , But not as much as at first, I am not on any diet of any sort , I do make sure I eat my multivitamins in the morning and afternoons, I am eating the same food as everyone else , But not as much as they do and I try not to eat chips more then twice a week, Half a child's portion on a menu is normally enough, If I have a battered fish with salad I normally eat the salad and bring the fish home for another meal a couple of hours later, I think its far to say on here we all have or own goals in life, I try to do what is best for me and how I want to live mine, David
    Oh wow!! I am worried about hair loss now. I have natural hair - dredlocks - colored. What should I do to amp up to prevent hair loss? My surgery is scheduled for next month.
    Thank you everyone!!
    Mine fell out for the first couple of years. It finally stopped, but now it's falling out again. I assume it's happening again from breast lift in April and breast Augmentation in August. I cannot stand the stands of hair getting stuck in and wrapped around my fingers when I wash my hair, so I'll be glad when it stops again.
    Yes. I had it pretty bad. It has gotten a lot better but I am still taking Biotin. The good thing is that it is temporary.
    As all above totally normal. Mine started at about 3 months and lasted for a couple of months. Nothing horrendous just noticeable in the bathroom basin. All good now. I have very short hair anyway so it wasn't a biggie.
    I'm only a month out and have started taking Biotin. It seems to have helped others in the amount of hair loss they've experienced.
    I’m 4 months, one week post surgery. I stress about losing my hair daily. No loss so far. I take Biotin daily and maybe that is helping. My hair has never looked better. (Knock on wood) I’ve read lots of conflicting reports here and on the Internet. Good news is any hair loss isn’t permanent. Good luck to you!!
    Normal. Mine fell out in handfulls from 3 months until about month 7-8. THen is slowed , then stopped, then all regrew.
    Yep, totally normal. Very few here (like 2 that I know of) have had "real" issues with hair loss, like needing a wig. For most of us it's just part of the journey and no big deal.

I'm still losing some hair at almost 5 years, and I can only tell because I have some short pieces here and there. But my hair is thick so I don't think anyone notices except me.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmanxman
    I have stopped just now, But having just started walking around the Golf course again, Been using my buggy for over a year but now feel fit enough to start walking again, Was a good feeling to get walking again, I was not sure if it was my night cap's of a couple of Vodka's and diet coke was the reason I had stopped, So it was nice to read I am not the only one, Thank you all for sharing, This sight is a good help to me, David
    Wait, you’re 3 months out and drinking vodka and Diet Coke?
    I have stopped just now, But having just started walking around the Golf course again, Been using my buggy for over a year but now feel fit enough to start walking again, Was a good feeling to get walking again, I was not sure if it was my night cap's of a couple of Vodka's and diet coke was the reason I had stopped, So it was nice to read I am not the only one, Thank you all for sharing, This sight is a good help to me, David
    You have probably hit the "3 month stall." Stick to the basics and you will get through it.
    Totally normal! Just keep eating how you should and you'll be fine, promise.

You've probably lost a lot already. I journaled my weight once a week, and a few of those weeks I stayed the same and a few I gained. But I met my goal in about 9 months.
    I’m only a month out but met with my dietitian yesterday who told me it’s normal to have a stall at 3 months and again at 6 months.he said this is because it takes 3 months of the swelling to go down and 6 months for the stomach to completely heal
    I was a fast looser but when I did stall it was after a few months of basically doing and eating the same thing.....exercised on my elliptical, ate cheese, chicken and yogurt....when I stalled (this could just be a coincidence) I took a break (a week?) from exercising and ate some skittles, cheated a little.
    I threw my body off its routine, so when I got back to my routine it got back to loosing.
    again, could be a coincidence.
    Dont always focus on the scale, it will drive you crazy. Focus on how you feel, and all of your NSV's. They say if your not losing pounds your probably losing inches.
    As long as you do what your supposed to do you will loose the weight :-)
    Stalls are perfectly normal and expected. Your body need time to adjust. I was a "slow loser" and it took two years to reach my surgeon's goal. I had many many stalls, starting on the 3rd week.... It's not a sprint but a marathon .
    If/when you feel down because the scale is not moving, just look at what you accomplished so far, it will make you feel better.
    Take care!
    I'm at 14 weeks out and my weight loss is definitely slowing. I am working on keeping my protein between 60-80g/day and carbs under 50g/day, usually around 800 cals. I hit this most days, and I probably need to add some more workouts in but I keep hearing conflicting advice on whether to work out or not during the first 6 mos postop. I already get between 6-8K in steps just at work each day.

By the way - love your flamingoes!!! I'm a fan!
    20. day for me, i'm trying to walk every night outside and day time indoors, not very succesfull at nights At this point after your surgery, you just gotta keep moving and try to eat, you came this far, just think what your weight took from you and hold on for a next day. I know i will feel more energy in me next days weeks or months, i'm just thinking the days i get back to my full health and 0 think about weight or my surgery. I know these days will come for me and for you too. It's kinda boring try to eat and wait for water etc. but this i the way and only i can do it for myself, nobody gonna do that things for you. Stay Strong ! ( also i'm ofc bored stay at home wand wait for meals, so i started to learn some programming )
    Thank you everyone for your support! Your helpful hints. The big one "REMEMBER" why I did this in the first place!! Thank you all again!!!!!!
    I don't know how long it is since your surgery but I was very tired at first too. Maybe try to put some incidental exercise into your day, park further across the car park, take the stairs, park further away from work and walk the rest of the way etc. That kind of thing. Every little thing helps and hopefully your energy gets better soon :-)
    I can tell you the first few months I walked but did not do a ton of exercise as you have less energy. But as time goes on and you get more energy and lose more weight you will be more motivated to move. I work out every day. I love being thin. I love feeling strong, fit, and healthy. I eat well most of the time. I do indulge occasionally. It keeps me sane.
    Take some time to sit down and remember why you did this. Write down your goals. Make a plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast