Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Here's my doctor's program for my first 6 weeks, may give you some ideas.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Not sure if you have been cleared for all foods yet. Eggs were a good standby for me early on (poached, scrambled, hard boiled), also cottage cheese (which I still eat because I like it).

My typical day bearing in mind that I am 10 months out consists of:
    Breakfast: Protein shake
    Snack: Mini Babybel light cheese, few carrot/celery sticks
    Lunch: Cruskit light crackers and 125g cottage cheese, few cherry tomatoes, few slices cucumber or 100g chicken and some salad veg, or 80 g chicken in 1/2 c low fat veg and lentil soup, or small tim tuna and crackers with some salad veg
    Snack: Mandarin orange
    Dinner: 80-100g chicken/fish/red meat - not so much of the red meat as I find it a bit harder to digest, and about 1/4 c green veg - no starchy veg like potato
    Snack: 1/2c watermelon or similar
    I'm a creature of habit so I tend to stick to the same things and am happy to do so.
    I also still weigh and measure all my food to keep me on track.

I also drink 1 1/2 -2 litres of water a day and have 1-2 cups of tea.

Protein needs to be your priority. Maybe add in a low carb protein bar every now and then if you are able to have them for a bit of variety?
    Good protein foods. Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt, any type of meat, tuna salad (or chicken or egg), cheese, milk, eggs, beans, any veggies (but I would avoid potatoes, corn, and carrots).
    When I was in the early stages like where you are my meals were something like this:
    Meal 1: Large café latte made with espresso, 1 1/2 cups fairlife milk (it is higher in protein and lactose free and delicious!), and 2 Splenda
    Meal 2: 1 string cheese and sandwich meat or 1 hard boiled egg with some veggies or Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt or tuna/egg/chicken salad on lettuce or beans with cheese and sour cream
    Meal 3: Some kind of meat and some veggie
    Snacks: a few pieces of beef jerky or a protein shake or 1/2 a low carb protein bar or a few nuts
    After dinner dessert: 2 sugar free popsicles or some sugar free jello