Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Good luck and hang in there
    Thanks for posting
    Really need to be trying to eat Whole Foods and support digestion
    Life certainly does happens in all sorts of ways - good and not so good. How we deal with it certainly affects our progress. It sounds as though you are managing to hang in there and deal with the hands that you are dealt. Lots of positive vibes coming from your post. Good for you!
    All the best for the new year. I have no doubt that you will hit your goal weight soon.
    Good for you to not ignore the scale. Before the sleeve I used to ignore the scale. With the attitude of "well, another point isn't going to make a difference" I needed to gain after loosing too much. When I gained up to my goal of 145 I kept doing what I was doing and in no time at all the scale almost 160. That's when I said to myself "if I don't stop stop now, I be 255 pounds again." I had been eating carbs so my body was telling me to go get junk food. Cravings were strong but I resisted and by the 3rd or 4th day of staying away from the junk and carbs my body stopped craving it. The 'lose it' app helped me track calories. I got back on track and now I stay between 145 and 150.
    oh gosh. i too am on the same road as you. Stress and overwhelmed with life and i too let carbs sugar and bad habits back into my life. I have gained back 30 pounds from my lowest weight was not yet where i wanted to be originally. Now with my regain i have 90 pounds to loose at elast to get to onederland.
    Since you didn't go to your post-op, did you have a blood test recently?
    I found out that each time I have cravings, my iron is way too low. Do you still take your vitamins?
    If you didn't have a blood test recently just get a script from your PCP..
    I regained 20 lbs,(I've lost 12) so I know what you mean. You've already re-commited so that's the first thing. You've made your plan, now work your plan!
    I was in the same situation; have lost 10 to 12 pounds since February. It's so easy to gain it's frustrating! But you can do it with your head in the game. Best of luck to you!
    I am so glad to read this! I was sleeved 4/10/18, have had no problems healing, but also eat every 2-3 hours! Always thing that are on plan, but I'm afraid that I'll get into a bad habit like this. Good to read everyone's responses.
    omg!! This was so good to read. I am always hungry but a couple bits in I feel full. Glad I am not alone. I was told I would drink 2 shakes a day then 3 oz on lean meat for dinner. That is not happening I found after surgery I did not like the shakes. I am hoping that changes with time. I drink protein water instead.
    I graze throughout the day too. I feel full after 3-4 mouthfuls.
    So, I wrap up my meal and have it a little later.
    Also have a protein bar or a latte to snack on.
    I get the hiccups when I’m full.
    My husband knows when I’ve had enough. We laugh when it happens.
    You do have a baby tummy, and I remember thinking I was eating like a baby, small amounts but more often. So no worries, you're normal!
    Early on I was hungry all the time. I had to have bites every so often. I always had beef jerky at my desk. I also always kept a low carb, high protein bar in my purse in a Ziploc. I had to have a small bite every hour or two or I would be starving. Eventually as I could eat more I would stay full longer.
    It makes sense that we're hungry all the time. Our stomachs are teeny tiny, so they don't stay full for long. I find it rather annoying. Nothing I can do about it now, but it is frustrating to have to eat every couple of hours like an infant. I'm sure that's why plenty of people gain the weight back. I would too if I weren't too lazy to cook or run out and get food every time I got hungry ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    I also get the sneezy runny nose thang :-)
    Hah! I need to keep a napkin or tissue with me all the time! Thanks for the encouragement Stacey, I'm glad I am not alone with this hungriness. I am really hoping in the months to come I will be able to eat more and I will last longer between meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    your diet seems to be good. I am the same time out as you. I don't get hungry but if I play tennis or go to the gym I do run out of energy. I am having half a shake for breakfast, although today I am having a boiled egg with a bit of mayo and a bit of tuna, as I am going to be playing tennis for almost 2 hours. I then have a bit of smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch with a bit of cucumber and around 5pm I will have a ladel of home made chicken soup and then supper is either chicken or fish with a veg. After supper I have 2 prunes. I also try and drink the required water throughout the day. I also hope I am not eating too much.
    Ellie, you really don't feel hunger? I wish I could feel that way! I seem to be on the other spectrum. It sounds like you are eating just fine and the right amounts. You are doing fabulous
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMo
    Your sample meal looks pretty reasonable. I'm about the same time out as you, I find certain times of day or situations trigger my empty feelings. My strategy is to monitor my protein on my fitness pal and try to hit half of my target protein after eating lunch. I supplement with premier protein Shakes premade (30 grams protein, 160 calories) if I'm lagging. I also have a shake around 4:30 so I'm not famished when I get home. Also lots of water in the afternoon and evening. If I can keep my protein up and minimize carbs that seems to help.
    Yes we are about the same time out, thanks for the response. So you do get famished? It seems like I am like this more than most people on here are. And it is a stomach growling, hungry feeling for sure. I'm pretty sure I am not head hungry or wanting to eat my feelings. Water does help a bit too!
    I also get the sneezy runny nose thang :-)
    You both sound like you are doing fab. I am the same and although I eat regularly its tiny meals and about 5 or 6 times a day. I cant fit in enough to feel full for any length of time so Although im not hungry as in starving I just know I need a bit more for energy. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not so much grazing if you are eating good stuff... if you start eating cake then look out.. but you're not doing that :-)
    your diet seems to be good. I am the same time out as you. I don't get hungry but if I play tennis or go to the gym I do run out of energy. I am having half a shake for breakfast, although today I am having a boiled egg with a bit of mayo and a bit of tuna, as I am going to be playing tennis for almost 2 hours. I then have a bit of smoked salmon and cream cheese for lunch with a bit of cucumber and around 5pm I will have a ladel of home made chicken soup and then supper is either chicken or fish with a veg. After supper I have 2 prunes. I also try and drink the required water throughout the day. I also hope I am not eating too much.
    Your sample meal looks pretty reasonable. I'm about the same time out as you, I find certain times of day or situations trigger my empty feelings. My strategy is to monitor my protein on my fitness pal and try to hit half of my target protein after eating lunch. I supplement with premier protein Shakes premade (30 grams protein, 160 calories) if I'm lagging. I also have a shake around 4:30 so I'm not famished when I get home. Also lots of water in the afternoon and evening. If I can keep my protein up and minimize carbs that seems to help.
    My poor husband often does the grocery shopping and he reads labels now. I've found any amount of sugar, or high fructose sets me up for dumping -- and my goodness do that put that in a lot of things.

It's great!
    You are doing just great. Have to agree on reading the labels on food items. Some of them are very deceiving.
    Yay!!! Glad to hear everything is going well for you!! It will continue to get better and better!!! I’m only 8 weeks post op and I feel great!! I’ve joined a boot camp and love it!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
    Awesome! You are doing great!
    Sounds like you are doing really, really well!! That is so great. Just be sure the chewable calcium is citrate and not carbonate. I know that unless it is specifically a bariatric calcium chewable most are carbonate.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Well done you. And the best part is that it's only going to get better and better from here on.
    Yes! The best is yet to be!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    Well done and its great you have done so well. I am almost 4 weeks post op, but I am only seeing my surgeon at 6 weeks post op. I am itching to get back to the gym, but will hang on until I have seen the surgeon. At least I can go walking. I am about to stat the next phase of eating , puree food and am hoping to be organised. Thanks for the tip about taking a cooler bag with food in it. At the moment I am never hungry, so we will see what happens when I start eating as opposed to drinking. Keep going!
    Thanks Elllie, you will get there, its hard not to rush ahead, but you need to follow your doctors orders to the T for the best outcome. Pureed foods are going to taste so good!
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy2
    So happy to read this! My surgery is in 4 days and to read such a great post really helps! Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you, wishing you good thoughts for a quick recovery!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast