Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

It's a huge deal - congratulations! So proud of you!
    Congrats!!
    Congrats!! It's always nice to get great feedback from this surgery and it's even better to brag and feel good about yourself. WTG keep up the good work!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Brenda, I see you are lonely in your town? I am also in NC, at exit 31 on the I77 debacle. Holler if I can help in any way and I'll send you my information. You needn't be by yourself.

Great news on the puppy! They do keep us up and going.
    Annie

hey! are you up in Mooresville? wow..
    i'd love to exchange info.. I'm in charlotte - inner city 3 miles from center city.

Brenda
    Brenda, I see you are lonely in your town? I am also in NC, at exit 31 on the I77 debacle. Holler if I can help in any way and I'll send you my information. You needn't be by yourself.

Great news on the puppy! They do keep us up and going.
    Annie
    ITS A BIG DEAL!!!!! Onya Bleeve!!! soooooo good, and don't be a stranger :-)
    YAY!!! Way to go Bleeve!!! Wishing you continued success and happiness on your journey to a healthier you!
    Thank you!!! I feel so grateful... thank you for your support! it's lonely in my town - in regards to this subject! :-) B
    Woohoo! Well done. Keep up the good work :-)
    It's a huge deal! Congratulations and keep up the great work.

(I brag about not falling off my bike.)
    Yes! You deserve to brag. We all do. Any time. About anything.
    Yea, same as Christie. It went away :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeve
    Hello Everyone! thanks for all the encouragement..never knew I could have support like this! everyone is right.. this week has been interesting - I'm a bit tired.. resting today.. i've tried to do more that I should for the first week out.. I promised myself to rest walk sip and that's it. self love is sometimes the toughest. no nausea, can drink, got 72 grams protein yesterday.. 42 so far today.. and it's not even noon yet. New Whey complete protein bullets are what I am using and premier clear. anyone using those? hope all is well with everyone! xo Brenda
    Legend :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balmain1
    Mine is more itchy where the band aids are
    Mine was itchy, too. Try hydrocortisone. I also used Neosporin on my incisions. I hear you are not supposed to but it helped me.
    Mine is more itchy where the band aids are
    Yes. I did. Around the incisions. It will go away.
    Good luck to you. As of this writing you have been sleeved. I was sleeved just a few days prior to you. In my experience the mind plays hunger games with you both before and after, just deal with it the best you can and tell yourself you cannot eat.

The water intake will work itself out. Each day you will notice a slight change and slowly will be able to drink more and feel fine. I think we have all heard so much info prior to our surgery we almost get kind of afraid to drink to much for the fear of causing damage to the sleeve. You will also notice changes each day where you start to feel better as well. Just take it easy and do not push yourself, let your body heal properly at first so you do not have any setbacks along your journey. Best of luck!!
    Hello Everyone! thanks for all the encouragement..never knew I could have support like this! everyone is right.. this week has been interesting - I'm a bit tired.. resting today.. i've tried to do more that I should for the first week out.. I promised myself to rest walk sip and that's it. self love is sometimes the toughest. no nausea, can drink, got 72 grams protein yesterday.. 42 so far today.. and it's not even noon yet. New Whey complete protein bullets are what I am using and premier clear. anyone using those? hope all is well with everyone! xo Brenda
    Hope you are feeling better now Brenda. It will keep getting a bit easier. The first week is rough to say the least. But down the road, you will look back and think it wasn't so bad. Big hugs.
    Congrats Brenda! Safe flight and best of luck!
    congratulations on the beginning of a new life. Have a safe flight home.
    Oh Brenda! What good news My fatty liver disease (diagnosed by a biopsy in 1988) has completely resolved, and I'm just 6.5 months out. You'll be amazed! I cannot imagine juggling sipping and flight, but you are a tough lady!
    Well done!
    Whoooooopppp you are done Brenda!!!!! Yayyyy. So good for that anxiety to be out of the way and now onward! Hope the flight isn't too bad. You are sooooo going to love your bed when you get into it. Sip, sip, sip and congrats to you. Keep in touch and let us know how you go :-)
    Congrats on your surgery. You are well on your way now.

Please be kind to yourself. Take things easy. Sip, sip, sip that water and walk as much as you can.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Hi everyone! Day two since surgery. Getting released in the morning.
    Long journey home 2.5 drive .. then 3 hour flight Friday eve. I’ll be happy to be home.
    It’s slow going but a little better each day. Need lots of rest.
    Water going in pretty well. Light headache. Just checking in
    Sleepy time bed now. Btw I was so confident until right before
    Going under. Someone next to me was crying too.
    We didn’t know why. I was very hard to awaken after. Went 3 hours passed usual time.
    You've gotten some wonderful advice! I made my own chicken broth, and froze it in icecube trays, and then put in plastic bag in the freezer. Then just popped two in the microwave.

If you can find a recipe for "bone broth" chicken (which is no more trouble than regular) it has more protein.

And if you can, practice the tiny bites, chewing and putting your fork down between bites. I still have a hard time eating slowly, and boy does my sleeve let me know!

Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeve
    And that's why I love this forum... you guys are spot on!!! I'm staying busy and happily going about my chores as suggested.. ya know, I actually LIKE HEALTHY FOOD.. its the slowing down part.. practice now..Stacy.. i'm gonna make that soup.. freeze it.. what a great idea! smart comrades in sleevery... hahaha.. sweet.. thank you all for the good wishes.. stay close.. I leave for MX on Monday! brenda b Leeve
    Onya! It will be here before you know it! I loved healthy food too, just probs a bit too much :-)
    And that's why I love this forum... you guys are spot on!!! I'm staying busy and happily going about my chores as suggested.. ya know, I actually LIKE HEALTHY FOOD.. its the slowing down part.. practice now..Stacy.. i'm gonna make that soup.. freeze it.. what a great idea! smart comrades in sleevery... hahaha.. sweet.. thank you all for the good wishes.. stay close.. I leave for MX on Monday! brenda b Leeve
    The more weight you loose now, the moore your liver shrinks.
    That makes it easier for the surgean to do the surgery.
    That is why pre op diets are given.
    Not for just loosing a couple of pounds, that will happen soon enough after surgery.

Good luck!
    So excited for you sleeve. christie is right it is a good time to practice slowing down and not drinking 30 ins before and 30 mins after meals. Are you on protein shakes now for your pre op or are you allowed to eat a meal? This time actually passes really quickly and I used it to tidy my whole house and sort out my wardrobe and make a broth and a soup for tiny portions in the freezer. Get yourself busy and you will get through it, do all the jobs you have been putting off like sorting through drawers etc. it's probably a good time to decorate!!! Good luck to you :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast