Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hey!! Congrats on your success and remember it's been said many times the slower you loose the better chance you have of keeping it off :-)
    Thanks y'all we have to adjust and readjust for what ever works for us as individuals. It is definitely not cookie cutter. Its good to hear it still comes off even if is a 2 year period. Thanks Sandra3!
    Quote Originally Posted by meggieprice
    I am surprised too- it is hard when you do everything right and do not see the results you hoped for. I find when I feel that way that it helps to write down everything you are eating and see if you are not doing as well as you think that your are.
    You look wonderful! And hooray on eradicating your high blood pressure and diabetes!
    Yes I have made quite a few tweaks in my new eating habits. I believer grazing was a big stumbling block for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Wow, you look great!
    How wonderful that you are not requiring those medications anymore - what a great result.
    Yep, we are all different and we all lose at different rates. You are determined and you will lose those final pounds. Good luck!
    Thanks I will keep moving forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    No more diabetes or high blood pressure is such a huge victory!!

Do not worry about the scale, working out could mean that muscle did replace fat!! you probably lost many sizes! your look so different!

I was a slow loser too, took me two years to reach the first 100 pounds target...I saw others who lost that in 9 months!! I know it's frustrating (been there too), but your biggest victory is your health!! keep up the good work!
    My F2F pictures help slap some reality in me. Yes my diabetes had me in the hospital on a regular basis and now my A1C is 5.2 down from a 13 from 1st diagnosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Looking at your photos you look like a new person. You may be losing slowly, but WOW, you look amazing! Keep it up, you'll lose the rest. Don't compare yourself to others, that's a losing game as no 2 people are the same. Just worry about YOU.
    Thanks I feel like a new person! And I will keep moving forward. I try not to compare and Thank God for my progress and successes. I try to remember that No more medication is a huge victory in itself.
    Slow and steady win the race! I know its frustrating, but eliminating blood pressure meds and diabetes is a huge victory! Congratulations!
    Wow, you look great!
    How wonderful that you are not requiring those medications anymore - what a great result.
    Yep, we are all different and we all lose at different rates. You are determined and you will lose those final pounds. Good luck!
    No more diabetes or high blood pressure is such a huge victory!!

Do not worry about the scale, working out could mean that muscle did replace fat!! you probably lost many sizes! your look so different!

I was a slow loser too, took me two years to reach the first 100 pounds target...I saw others who lost that in 9 months!! I know it's frustrating (been there too), but your biggest victory is your health!! keep up the good work!
    I am surprised too- it is hard when you do everything right and do not see the results you hoped for. I find when I feel that way that it helps to write down everything you are eating and see if you are not doing as well as you think that your are.
    You look wonderful! And hooray on eradicating your high blood pressure and diabetes!
    Looking at your photos you look like a new person. You may be losing slowly, but WOW, you look amazing! Keep it up, you'll lose the rest. Don't compare yourself to others, that's a losing game as no 2 people are the same. Just worry about YOU.
    YAY!!! Congratulations Wanda and safe travels!! Keep us posted on how you're doing!
    Yayyyyyyy Wanda :-)
    Woohoo Wanda!! You are almost on the losers bench!!!
    Woohoo! So excited for you. Let us know how you are getting on.
    That is great news!!! Wishing you the best of luck!!! Keep us posted we will be thinking about you!
    That's AWESOME news Wanda!

Your excitement for your surgery is only shadowed by your zest to experience this new life (and let me tell you, it is a wonderful life!)

Congratulations and best of luck to you! You will do great!
    oh my goodness. Best of luck! You will do great and God bless you.
    You should be excited, you are about to change your life! It is so much fun. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
    Good news. You must be on day 4 of your pre-op right now. Hang in there each day seemed to get easier for me. Best of luck to you on your journey!!
    Yay Wanda!! Get it!!! We are here to cheer you on along your journey!
    whooooopppp go Wanda :-)
    Do y'all think it's too early to go in n sit down with someone from HR and discuss plans?
    Thanks y'all I'm definitely trying to do better with eating choices and stay more consistent . And I don't know if I'm minimizing my bad eating but with diabetes it does not take that much to get off track! Stacey, A1C is a number that they used to determine if your blood glucose in in a normal range. I will focus on not gaining and increasing exercise. I will not treat the cruise like the Last Supper!
    Just make sure they cover these things for out of country surgeries. Best is always to contact your insurance to confirm.
    This sounds useful info for people Wanda :-)
    I say go for the March surgery!! You won't eat much on the cruise but the sooner you get the surgery the sooner you will start on your journey to healthy!
    Yup, you're doing now what we all did pre-op -- yo-yo dieting. You starve yourself, then you binge. Rinse and repeat. Gain weight. It's a guaranteed formula.

If I were in your shoes right now, I'd figure out how to eat in a way that you're not gaining weight and you no longer feel out of control. In fact, that's what I did for 2.5 months pre-op. I lost 5 pounds a month. Wasn't fast. But I got back a feeling of control that was worth more to me than anything at that point.

Best to you. Oh, and try not to treat that cruise like a Last Supper. You'll just have to lose that weight post-op. Control, remember?

Also, a lot of people pre-op imagine inaccurately that they will Never Be Able to Eat Regular Food Again. Not true. One year post-op (and two-three-four-five years post-op until you die) you'll be able to eat anything you want. But what will keep you successful long-term is learning how NOT to eat everything you want in mass quantities all the time.

It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle.
    I was cleared for all foods at 6 weeks, so I would say if your cruise is at least 6 weeks after surgery you will be fine. Just know you won't be getting your cruise food money's worth, as you won't be able to eat much at all. Just go knowing you are going to enjoy everything else like the pool, walking, and seeing the sites! Good luck!

Don't worry about the pre-op diet until they tell you to start. You don't need to "practice." After your surgery you won't be able to eat much and won't be hungry.
    I would have the surgery now. You should be fine by June, I was walking 5-7miles a day by week 2 and hiking 5 days a week by week 8 postop. I would wait to do preop diet until its time. Good luck with your surgery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast