Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elllie

1. feeling disheartened

HI! I went to see the bariatric nurse today. It nothing new to what the doctor said, except her weight loss figures were less than the doctors. She said that i would most likely lose only 66% of the weight I have to lose and that almost every single patient gains some of the weight loss back in 2 years. Looking at her figures the weight loss target would still have me in the obese category. So now I am thinking its not worth doing. I am so confused and upset. I realized I would never again be a ...
  2. telling friends

HI! I am having my sleeve done in April and have decided not to say anything to anyone at the moment. I was also not sure if I would say anything afterwards and after an incident yesterday I am not sure I would want to say anything at all. I was at a friends house and she mentioned another friend who had a bypass to lose weight. She then said anyone can have staples to lose wight. it came across as quite nasty and i was quite upset because I know the other person and she struggled with her weight ...
  3. excess skin

I was wondering if its possible to lose 50kg without having excess sagging skin. I intend to exercise regularly with a personal trainer in the hope that I wont need to have another operation to remove the excess skin. Please let me now your stories.
  4. second doctor visit

I have just returned home form seeing the bariatric surgeon for the second time. It has been confirmed that I am going ahead with surgery. My date isn't finalized yet, but will be in the beginning of April. I am excited and nervous. I still have to see the dietitians and have a few assessments done, but that will be the easy part. My surgeon wants me to exercise and I can't wait to get back to playing tennis comfortably and joining in other gym classes. I only swim now as I can hide my body when ...
  5. food allowed

HI! This is my second post on here. I have not had the operation yet and am still in the consideration phase. I have been reading up on the gastric sleeve and came across a website about what one can eat after surgery and forever. It says that you can't eat, steak, raw fruit and veg and popcorn ever again. please tell me if this is true? I am also concerned that people are gaining weight after the sleeve or not losing much, I feel like if I am having such drastic surgery I don't want to be in either ...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast