Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sweetpea903

1. Here I Go Again on My Own

I’ve watched Gladiator three times in the last four days. I’ve caught up on all the shows I DVRd while in the hospital. I’ve read two books.

And I’m exhausted.

For real: Making dinner is exhausting. Showering is exhausting. Folding laundry and loading the dishwasher? Exhausting.

I’m a lump of goo.

I had a bit more energy today...every day seems to get better. Yesterday my Mom took me to the grocery store (I just don’t feel safe driving- ...
  2. Two Steps Forward, Ten Steps Back

Hello hello, fellow friends! I know it’s been some time since I’ve posted, but I had a good reason: I’ve been hospitalized for pancreatitis.

Yep, I originally went to the ER on the evening of my surgery date (1/11). I was diagnosed with pancreatitis and they thought it had resolved enough to send me home on the 14th. Sure enough I was okay for a few days, but then started to feel wonky on the 18th.

On the 19th, I begged my primary care doc to give orders for blood works ...
  3. Something I Never Saw Coming

First off, I want to thank the folks who messaged me post-surgery. I appreciate your support and consideration more than you know. I’m feeling pretty tired, so I’m going to make this kinda quick.

I checked in for surgery Thursday morning and was all done by noon. After a few hours in recovery, hubby and I were on our two hour drive back home. That’s when things went wonky.

Once I got home, I just wanted to sleep so I headed upstairs. Thing is, I couldn’t get comfortable ...
  4. The First Day of the Best of My Life

I hope it will be, anyway.

Am I nervous? Yeah. But I think it’ll be ok. It’s not as extensive of a surgical procedure as many of you have had, so I’m hoping my recovery will be okay.

I kept thinking that “Woo hoo! Tomorrow I can eat the chili I made tonight!” Or “Tomorrow I FINALLY get solid food!” But as we all know, that’s not true.

I still worry that I’m going to miss out on SO many things that I love. I just have to remind myself of two things: 1) ...
  5. Day Five: I Feel Like Chicken Tonight!

Yeah, I made bone-in roasted chicken thighs and spaghetti for dinner tonight. My kitchen smelled HEAVENLY, my family loved every bite and I sat there drinking a shake.

I didn’t even lick spilled sauce off my fingers or swallow the pasta when I tested it for doneness.

It’s like I don’t know myself anymore.

Only ONE MORE DAY of these boring shakes (which are actually pretty good)!! I was so desperate for something salty that I swigged a can of low sodium ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast