Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mikecab4

1. Salad? 🥗

Hey Guys,

I am now 11 days post-op and cannot wait to start with purée foods soon. However, when the time comes to start eating solids and normal types of food again... when would be the right time to start introducing lettuce into my diet? Is kale even allowed? I always forget to ask my nutritionist these questions...

All the best,
    Michael
  2. To Sleep or Not To Sleep....

Hey Guys,

Today is day 8 post-op and sleeping comfortably has gotten much better. I must say that as of yesterday I barely feel any pain/gas and I feel like myself again! Ive been sleeping on my back/right side every night but for those of you who are stomach sleepers... is it ok to sleep on my stomach at this point. Besides for food I really miss sleeping on my stomach. If i dont feel any pain shouldn't it be ok? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

All the best, ...
  3. POOP... Never Felt So Good :)

Hey Guys,

I finally did it!!!! POOP, yes I said it POOP! Feels like its been forever. Phillip's Milk of Magnesia really does the trick. Relieved is not the word... phewwww.

All the best,
    Michael
  4. Poop? Toot? nothing?

Hey Guys,

Today is day 7 post-op and (sorry for the TMI) but I have still not pooped yet. Has anyone else been having this problem? I must say i have been passing gas regularly so that's good, and i do not have any more gas pain but COME ON POOP! Lol

All the best,
    Michael
  5. Post-op liquid diet trouble? Try this....

Hey guys,

I am now almost 6 days post-op after having gastric sleeve surgery and I feel the need to mention that the 2-week liquid diet is quite a challenge! It’s sounds crazy but sipping all day to me feels harder and harder. Here’s what I’ve tried which really helps/works:

-Take 2 protein shake powder (I have the bariatric advantage ones)
    -pour both bottles into a large pitcher
    -add 48-60 oz of water (you really wanna water it down)
    -mix well ...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast