Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

No issues, but if they cannot swap out your antibiotic, watch that you do not dehydrate.
    You could ask your doctor for something different. If not, stay hydrated!
    No issues.
    Good to know I was getting worried, antibiotics have never effected me before.
    Completely normal. Antibiotics are known for causing diarrhea, especially a broad spectrum antibiotic. You don't have to have bariatric surgery to be so lucky for that side effect ;-) Hope you feel better soon.
    I was so lucky, never threw up, not once in 4 years. (So newbies, don't think this happens to everyone.). Hope you find the help you need!

Now I'm not saying I didn't feel horrible sometimes early on after trying certain foods, like chicken, where I actually felt like I would die. It's learning curve to experiment with what you can tolerate and what you can't. Sorry to say, now after years I can tolerate everything and anything. I almost wish the bad stuff would make me sick, but no, it's up to me to make the proper choices.
    I was getting nausea and I worked it out with my surgeon that if I just took one mouthful too much of my food then it would set me off. I think there can be a lot of things to look at to try and resolve. For me I healed well and seemingly fast and had no trouble eating so it was easy for me to eat a bit too much and then it would start with the nausea.
    I think it will pass, I'm just 4 weeks out and was having a lot of morning sickness and other random nausea last week so went back to taking a zophran. When I saw my dietitian she was telling me how when we eat the sleeve starts to empty in 30 mins, then in 3 hours it is totally empty. When your sleeve is empty, like in the morning, you can get nausea.

I've been working on my timing of meals and drinks, I start a protein shake as soon as I wake and then make sure I never go longer than 3 hours without eating. It's really helped. Maybe have a look at your timings :-)
    Most people will eventually get over the nausea. Some people just have a harder time than others. I doubt you will have to be on the medications forever. As Shannon said, it is often dehydration. Wishing you the best of luck.
    Hi lew1960. I recently overcame a serious bout of nausea and vomiting that I would later find out was the direct result of dehydration. This is not to say you are suffering from dehydration, rather it is a statement that I can relate to what you're currently dealing with. I too, was prescribed two separate medications to aid in combating this issue (Ondansetron and Promethazine). Some days they worked wonderfully, while other days it was a constant struggle not to become seriously ill. I have since overcome this issue and no longer require these medications - although I have some on hand for issues should they arise.

My questions to you are as follows: are you getting enough fluids? And if so, have you evaluated your diet? Are you able to consume foods yet, or are you struggling to consume anything of substance? This are all issues I looked long and hard at when I was struggling with nausea and vomiting. In any event, hang in there. It will get better, It just takes time.
    Call your doctor! But after that read Katrina's post about what happened to her daughter after constant vomiting.
    I am 21 days out of surgery and I am dealing with this also. I got to the point that everything was coming out one end or the other. I went to my surgeons office-and he saw me with no appt. Sent ,e to the hospital for dehydration and fluids. Turns out I have a C Diff infection-which is being treated now with a very strong antibiotic. I would strongly suggest you go to see your surgeon.
    Talked to the surgeon and if it continues he wants me to go to the ER and get on IV Fluids. According to him some people have this and it will pass as time goes on. I tried the Greek yogurt and it seem to help with the nausea.
    That is not normal and I second that you contact your surgeon or PCP. If you are having diarrhea you are probably at risk for dehydration.
    First of all, you should call the surgeon or your primary. Try Greek yogurt, I also had diarrhea right afterwards around the same time-frame as you are, and once I began using the Greek yogurt, it seemed to help. Your doctor might be able to be of more assistance.
    Good luck!
    I am 6 days post op and have the same pain. It comes and goes. They say to blow out through your nose before you swallow. Doesnt seem to make much of a difference to me. I hear it should go away. I go for my 1st post op checkup tomorrow. Good luck.
    I had this as well. I assume it is normal as it has since gone away. I had a lower abdominal cramp as well but the upper 1 was the most painful. It will get better!!
    Talked to the Dr she said it's gas related and some people have it an some don't.
    It never hurts to contact your doctor. Most likely it is gas. Keep sipping and walking. It could also be some acid reflux. Are you taking anything?? If not, ask your surgeon or PCP for a PPI. Hope you feel better.
    I think its common, although mine was in my shoulders and moving my arms hurt dreadfully. That said, about day 6 it all "disappated" to wherever it goes. I did walk, but was very tired, so not as much as I probably should have.

Hope you are feeling better soon!