Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

You are doing so great!!! I know we are our own biggest critics during this process and we worry that we are not doing well but really we are! You got this Jean! Lovely smile!! Just think how much bigger it will be when you get to your happy weight!! Keep it up!! You are crushing it!
    Thanks Edie, it really helps me get through when I get comments.
    Loneliness and depression are a tough combination to compete with when they come
    to the surface.
    I've just finished a little fish pond out the front. Looks great. Plants I got off a friend are going in tomorrow, so keeping busy.
    I went out for lunch and ordered salt and pepper squid. I ate two pieces and that was it.
    Couldn't handle the coleslaw on the side or the four other pieces of squid.
    Not to worry, at least I'm trying.
    So different than before. Lol
    Lovely pic too jean xx
    Oh this is so great to see you back dear Jean. Gosh the mind takes a while to catch up sometimes doesn't it!! Gardening is such a beautiful activity. Once about 15 years ago i had an awful bout of anxiety and so I took to my garden and gawd it was the very best thing I could do. It really helped me and my garden also looked amazing!I am all for the gardening, something about having your hands in the earth is grounding. 45 pounds is totally amazing!!!!! Go you! You've clearly got it sussed even if your mind is complaining. Minds do that, so annoying! Now don't be a stranger my lovely Aussie friend xxxx
    You'll definitely get there. Just hang in there. It is a little funny when I hear other people talking about not being able to get much in. I completely remember that phase of my sleeve. And how it took just a bite or two and I felt like I was going to pop. The gurgling and moaning. My husband asking if I was ok. Distant memory.
    I love barramundi! It's on my shopping list..
    Thanks for your help all. I think I've come to terms with the fact food will
    have to wait. Hey! Did I just say that?
    Gee! If you saw me with food before you'd have said, get a room. Lol.
    Anyway, heading home again after a week away and I feel good.
    Relaxed and feeling I can actually do more bending etc.
    We went to the beach yesterday, hubby went for a swim but I was still feeling big. So I sat on the sand and people watched.
    Had a lovely latte after and a little more fish at tea. Still keeping up fluids.
    Hey Jean,

Don't worry, you'll get there. I remember being super excited to move onto solid foods but quickly leaned back towards pureed foods for a while because it was easier to go down. I still sometimes puree certain vegetables and im 2 months out! By the way.. your vacation sounds amazing! Enjoy!

All the best,
    Michael
    Well done jean you're doing good. Maybe it will just take a little while longer with the puree and soft. Good that you kept some fish down though. I cooked some lovely barramundi the other week, maybe you could try that? Keeping up your fluids and proteins is good though for sure. I love steam train rides!!! And whiskey distilleries!!!
    You will get there Jean xx
    Another day down and I'm having a cup of soup for dinner.
    My dietitian rang today to see how I was going. She suggested I stay on purée foods
    for at least another week then try sloppy porridge and soft stews.
    So when I get home, I'll get the slow cooker out.
    Cheese slices are still going down okay.
    I haven't weighed in for a week, so can't wait to get home to see the difference. My pants feel looser, here's hoping I've lost some.
    Aw hon. Big hugs. I can tell you that your hormones are going to get the best of you. It happens to a lot of sleevers. Hang in there kiddo. It will get better. Glad to hear you are hanging in there.
    Ahhh the day four blues jean, This is super normal, remember I had a good cry on day 4? It's a bit like when you have a baby and your hormones are all knocked for six, plus post surgery blahhhh takes a bit to get over. Early nights and love will win the day and it will get better and better xxxx
    Thank you blue umbrella. It means a lot to me to get feedback.
    I've never figured out how to delete a post, and I've been here 4 years.

Sounds like you're doing great! Get lots of rest, I slept almost that whole first week. When you're not sleeping walk a little and work on getting your liquids and protein in. I had my recliner in front of the TV with a table next to it for my drinks. (At the time my recliner was easier to get into than my high bed.) Good luck!
    Congratulations! I know what you mean about the food ads on TV I was the same way. I also really struggled getting pills down, even the gummi vitamins my doctor told me to take were causing me pain in the beginning.
    Hope you have an easy recovery, now is definitely the time to take it easy and look after yourself, our poor bodies go through such a lot! The nausea will go eventually, and you're right, it's baby steps for the next month.
    Congrats again!
    It's a funny old time but gets better an better week to week. Do lots of sleeping if you need to. Day 3 and 4 were a bit blurrrgh for me. You'll do fine xx
    Thanks Stacey. Feeling tired today but I'm sipping away.

It doesn't take long to feel full. 2 sips and that's it. Rest for another 10 minutes then try again.
    I'm on pain killers right now and they make me sleepy. Hoping I won't need them soon.
    Really pleased I've had it done. I know this is right for me.
    Funny though, I loved my food so much, now I can't bear to watch ads on tv with food.
    How are you going with that sipping Jean? Remember lots of rest, with walks inbetween and sip sip sip! :-)
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyy :-)
    Sorry I posted twice. I don't know how to delete.
    Yea, Jeanious! You're sleeved now! Let us know how you're doing when you get your head back up above water.

Congratulations!
    You got this. You are going to do great!! Wishing you are super speedy recovery!! Big hugs!
    I hope you're doing well. The first few days are the hardest. It gets soooo much better. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    At last! You're going to do great, see you on the other side :-)
    You're so cute jean, I love it! You are so ready and you're going to do so well, I just know it xxxx
    Yep! 3 days now.
    Cleaned the house
    Trying to get the garden neat ( not going to happen) lol.
    Got broths and protein powder ready
    Banned hubby from eating marshmallows, in front of me.
    Gosh I'm ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanious
    Thank you so much Christie, yeah, thought I'd cheer myself up a bit by doing a poem.

Corny, I know but I like trying to express how I feel without getting too emotional.

Yes! 4 days to go. As my husband walks past with marshmallows in his mouth.

Cruel.
    Gah. Slap him. I love marshmallows. Especially rice krispie treats and hot cocoa with marshmallows.
    You'll do great. Had mine less than 2 weeks ago and really feel "normal" except I'm not eating the massive amounts of food I once did during this season. Weight is slowly coming off. Clothes are getting loose. I can tell my tummy is shrinking. I'm almost able to believe this weight loss is for real this time and I won't rebound. It's great to be on the other side.
    Thank you so much Christie, yeah, thought I'd cheer myself up a bit by doing a poem.

Corny, I know but I like trying to express how I feel without getting too emotional.

Yes! 4 days to go. As my husband walks past with marshmallows in his mouth.

Cruel.
    So cute!!! Love how you made it a poem. I can tell you that I used to cringe when I would see myself naked. I hated to see pictures of myself. I would delete them all the time or crop myself out if I couldn't at least crop it to look somewhat ok. Now I can't stop checking myself out. I have some loose skin but I am a work of art and I continue to work on being the best me possible. I love the way I look. I love my sleeve. It takes a little time. You will love the changes and then they will just get better and better. Good luck on your sleeve. It is the most wonderful journey in the world!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast