Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

1. Week 6 update

Hallo!
    Well it's week 6 already!!! 6 weeks ago I was super excited to be getting my sleeve and I've been super excited since, except for when I've been tired which has been a fair bit! It is true to say though that your body starts to get used to what has gone on and your energy slowly comes back. this week I have felt pretty good and a bit different in terms of energy. I have started running again (hurrah). I can def feel the few weeks off that I have had, so I'm on baby runs at the moment. ...
  2. 4 week update

Not much to tell apart from everything is getting better and better!
    I seem to have got some energy back this week which is delightful. I was taking to my bed quite a bit in the previous weeks. I think one of my main concerns with having the surgery was the possible fatigue afterwards and I have to admit I did have an odd sob about the fatigue. Luckily i have sensible people around me to give me a good talking to! And I also accepted that I was post surgery and bound to be tired and that ...
  3. 3 week update

Hallo!
    So I'm now 3 weeks and 2 days out and what an amazing journey we are on!
    Really I've had a pretty textbook recovery, ups and downs but generally ups. I have had fatigue for sure but I've really tried to accept that. Being a bit of a dynamo by nature it's been challenging but I have tried to have a lot of self care at this time.
    I'm feeling much better after my therapist appointment when i was so upset about the dumping incident. I was so pleased to talk that out. ...
  4. Dumping Syndrome

Hallo!
    I'm doing good but I did have a bit of a wobble the other day.I was down in Sydney and I had a piece of cracker and some soft feta in oil, like you get from the deli, on the cracker. Just afterwards we went next door to a bar as it was my partners birthday. Within 30 mins i was feeling cramps so popped to the bathroom in the bar. I suddenly felt so dreadfully ill, so I texted my partner to come quickly (luckily she is a doctor).
    Well I had dreadful diahorreah, palpitations, ...
  5. Dietitian on day 16

Hurrrrrahhhhh! onward from the fluids, phew!
    So, in the last week i've been making my soups thicker and more pureed which were my instructions, and today i've see n the dietition and I'm onto pureed/softfood. I thought it would be all puree but thankfully I was wrong!
    So I can have fish and dont have to mash it, cottage cheese, tuna, patties, beans, eggs,yogurt, cheeses, vegetables ( no salad for another month) avocados (it would be unaustralian if I couldn't have them), porridge, ...
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast