Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Thank you for your support.
    Tea Im right here w you I was surgery sept 27th and i just came back from a cruise i called my doctors office to set up appt with my nutritionist knowing i messed up some on the cruise i was not to have beef yet or pork even pureed and did but ill get it corrected and work on eating correctly i have thank goodness not vomited but i have had few times dumping why i want to get food under control now before to late glad your doing the same.
    Any meat, any fish/seafood (lots more out there than salmon and shrimp), all veggies, low-fat greek yogurt, nuts, low fat string cheese, protein bars, eggs,etc. For dinner we always follow the "rule of 2," a protein and veggie. Last night snapper with dill sauce along with broccoli in the cast iron skillet, so crispy and delicious. For breakfast I typically make a big frittata (just eggs with any/all veggies and maybe some sausage and feta) which lasts us almost all week. If I'm not that ambitious it's 2 eggs, often scrambled topped with salsa. For lunch I'll often have cut up protein (yesterday it was marinated buffalo chicken breasts) on a salad with lots of veggies. Or soups! Hubby made pea soup with ham yesterday, but all his soups are amazing. Butternut squash soup was his recent highlight. I love his homemade chicken soup. On work days when I don't have leftovers I'll have one of those little green boxed Bumblebee low fat tuna salad with crackers, or yogurt, or cut up fresh veggies. Apples are excellent right now!

The options are endless. We just go to the store and see what looks good or is on sale. If you can't think that way, get some bariatric cookbooks. Good luck!
    Tuna/chicken/egg salads are all good choices. Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, meat & cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce, boiled eggs, grilled chicken, steak. You can have pretty much any meat cooked in a healthy manner as long as your tummy will tolerate it. I usually brought my dinner leftovers to work for lunch. And if I had issues getting in enough protein I would still have a shake. I always have a latte (espresso, nonfat milk, & Splenda) every day. I like Fa!rlife nonfat milk. Higher in protein, lower in sugar, and lactose free. It is a staple in my diet even now and I will be 1 year post op on the 3rd. My main focus at 5 1/2 weeks was getting in enough protein and liquids. I rarely had room for veggies at that phase.
    I understand that everyone who is newly post op long for that "mashed potato" phase, however; that's a slippery slope. Put some unflavored protein in the mashed potatoes if you have to have them, but as others have said sticking to strictly protein based foods at any phase increases your success rate later on down the road. I personally never let mashed potatoes touch my lips and now 6 years later, I don't eat potatoes or anything white that contains carbs. I've seen others who used mashed potatoes as a staple early on and now are eating more carbs than they would like and wonder why they are not reaching their goal. I've also seen others who didn't eat mashed potatoes or similar foods and now are very successful maintaining their desired goals.
    Wise choices early on train not only your new tummy, but your brain which didn't have surgery and still makes unwise choices now and then I truly believe and it's been my professional experience that how you make choices in the first stages stick with you throughout the journey. Continued success!!
    Thank you everyone. I realize I am back to cooking again, but I had to think about what to cook without the calories. I am looking for a good weight loss cook book. I go on solids next week.
    Welcome to the part where you start building your new lifestyle. It's a slow process, but so important to learn more about what works for you.

Here's some gentle advice: Start making food choices NOT JUST to lose weight, but to nourish your body better than it's ever been nourished before. That's the eating lifestyle you want for the rest of your life. Very best to you! Such an exciting time.
    Congratulations on your weightloss. Your doing great. It gets easier with each week. Make sure you are walking everyday and drinking plenty of water. All the best to you.
    Enjoy it!! This is when it starts to get fun and you start to feel more normal. Just remember to eat very slowly to allow yourself to feel full. It is very easy to overeat in the beginning and it is VERY uncomfortable when it happens.
    Thank you AnnaGG. I will try it. I don’t make soup but I am going try something new.
    when i was at liquid diet my mother made me bone soup it was very tasty. And very needed break from all chalky protein shakes. You can even take chicken soup if you make it the way i make. cook chicken in wok without adding water or oil. only add salt. when tender and slightly browned . add it to a deep pan and also add your favorite vegetables (i add carrot, tomato, onion ) with enough water for cooking vegetables and soup(add water in double amount of vegetables ). if needed add more water and let it shimmer for atleast 40 min. Now you can stain it to get clear liquid or mash every thing for puree stage. you can add any seasoning. i mostly add salt and black pepper.
    Try it you will like the change from all the protein shakes(I still shudder thinking about those protein shake days).
    Christie13. I had the yogurt and it took me two days to finish, lol, I was eating yogurt before the
    Sleeve so I’m good with that, it’s day 11 for me and I feel like my food limits are small.

Gvn71. Thank you for your advice. I still do my protein shakes , I try to have two through
    Out the day but I can only get one and a half down. I want to make a nice chicken soup
    With vegetables when I’m at the puréed stage. Any suggestions?
    Stick to the high protein/low fat options! Greek yogurt was my best friend (and still is). Pureed soups were good to. I never liked split pea soup, but it was awesome and had great flavor. Loaded with protein too. I also would put a scoop of protein powder (unflavored) into the soups to really boost my protein numbers.

Hope this helps!
    I would go for a high protein yogurt such as Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt versus applesauce any day. It gives you more nutrients. I would still make that choice and I am 11 months out and can eat anything at this point. Just food for thought. As Sraebaer said....protein and liquids first.
    Thank you sraebaer.
    I was on liquids for the first two weeks. (Basically protein drinks). Just be sure to get in your protein and liquids in, that's the most important at this point.

And don't worry, you won't be eating this way forever!
    Hi turtlerose.
    I can’t wait to get to mashed potatoes and the thing is I really just want a different taste other
    Then protein shakes or water or applesauce, lol. But this is why we had the sleeve, to
    Change our eating habits.
    Tell me about it. I am also allowed real mashed potatoes, low fat cottage cheese, and mashed beans - this is helping some but not a lot... I'm living for the next stage so I can have some scrambled eggs and salsa LOL

Keep it up we'll get there
    Sounds like your doing good with your phase your in. Before you know it you will be reflecting on how for you’ve come and doing amazing
    Hi Christie13.
    I have the Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt. I am eating pudding and applesauce for now. Puréed is week
    Three? I am not sure sometime what I can have in what week.
    Thank you Christie13 for blogging with me, you are very helpful.
    It is slow going. Take your time. I would focus on more protein rich foods. Oikos Triple Zero Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, etc. My NUT told me to take meat and use a food processor and some broth (or other liquid) and puree it up. She said that is the best thing to do. You will only get about a tablespoon or two in at a time.