Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

1. I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Something I should have been doing from day one is counting calories, but to be honest, in the beginning I didn't think it was necessary due to the internal shut off valve that appears to exist when you undergo the VSG procedure.

For months, my newly formed stomach would let me know when I had reached capacity, thus resulting in limitations being placed on what I could eat and how much of I was capable of eating.

At 8 months post-op, that no longer appears to be the ...
  2. Frustration Doesn't Begin to Describe My Emotions

I have come to the realization that I have been basing my food consumption on the time frame that has elapsed since my VSG procedure rather than looking within and going with what feels right to me and my body.

This has been a HUGE source of frustration for me because I have been diligently working hard to move further down the weight scale, and yet despite my best efforts I am not moving below 240 pounds.

I know, I know...slow and steady wins the race. I understand ...
  3. A Realistic Goal Weight

I recently had a conversation with someone regarding my estimated goal weight, and at that time, it was mentioned that my ideal weight might not very realistic (I am looking at 185 lbs, but was told that realistically, I should set my sights on 210-220 lbs.)

At the time of that conversation, I was not very pleased with what had been suggested because - at least to my way of thinking - there should not be any form of outside expectation placed on what goal weight someone should/could ...