Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Hi Shannon!
    How did the surgery go?
    I hope all is well!
    Best wishes to you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Edie!

Walking is the one thing I have been able to do since driving while on pain medication is not an option. It's not the most comfortable of experiences considering I am carrying around a splint made of plaster that stretches from my wrist to my armpit, but hey...do what you must, right?
    Yes it's not fun is it?! You look after yourself Shannon and I hope this trying period in life is soon over for you and you heal up a treat :-)
    Hi Shannon
    I hope all has gone well with the surgery.
    I am certain that you will indeed "bust your ass" to rectify your situation!
    You have the strength, fortitude and determination to get to where you want to be and I just know that you will do whatever it takes to get there.
    We are right behind you :-)
    Kia Kaha.
    Pray your surgery went well!
    Pray your surgery goes well! I'm not exercising either, sitting in intensive care with my mom going on day three. Sometimes life gets in the way and we can't worry about it. At least in the hospital the food sucks. Binge watching a lot of Netflix, which I'm sure burns tons of calories.
    Hi Edie!

Walking is the one thing I have been able to do since driving while on pain medication is not an option. It's not the most comfortable of experiences considering I am carrying around a splint made of plaster that stretches from my wrist to my armpit, but hey...do what you must, right?
    You can walk Shannon!!! Unless you are deep in snow! Then there are snow shoes right? The ones that look like tennis raquets! Good luck with it all. You will do fine! :-)
    Hi AnnieG and Lisa (and everyone within the GS Community),

Thank you for the warm wishes for my surgery. I greatly appreciate it.

While this past week has not gone without its fair share of challenges, a crazy as it sounds, I am very much looking forward to Tuesday wherein this terrible issue will be fixed and I will be on the mend.

To say I am nervous is an understatement. As you well know, with any surgery there is risk. Unfortunately, this could have an adverse affect should they happen to hit a nerve (I could lose the use of my right hand .) But this needs to be done in order for the bone to heal properly. So onward I must go. If I don't check in before Tuesday, know you are all in my thoughts and that the kind words have been duly noted and appreciated.

Until we speak again...

Shannon
    Ow, ow and more ow!
    Take care of yourself and all the best for the surgery and recovery.
    We'll be thinking about you and looking out for your return!
    We'll listen for you in the silence! I live in terror of falls (osteoporosis) and 24/7 vertigo. So grateful you are getting it taken care of. Prayers for great success and fast healing.
    Annie
    Hi Lisa, sraebaer, DutchSleeve, Edie, Mike, and Christie.

Thank you for the well wishes. You all are awesome. I wish I could respond to you all individually, but I think that is asking too much of myself right now, so...

Some back info on what happened. I tripped over a dog gate Saturday evening and my right elbow broke my fall. I dislocated, as well as broke it - which I found out yesterday does require surgery. I will be taking care of this next Tuesday, so I will really be out of commission for a while. I will still be around, just more silent than usual - a rarity for me, I know.

Talk to you all very soon! Have a great weekend!

Shannon
    How in the world?! You need to take good care of yourself. Hope you heal quickly. Hugs!
    Best of luck Shannon, hope you get better soon. I am home for a couple weeks myself as I just had Hip surgery. Recovery isn't fun but we have to make the best of it. One positive thing, you should be a better typist now since you will get lots of practice with your left hand??
    Oh gawd Shannon, poor you! Get better soon :-)
    OMG, what happened?
    Were you operated on?
    Hope things will be better soon.
    OMG, hope you heal quickly! Are you a klutz like me? I am always falling off my bike (I blame the shoes) or tripping over rocks or roots hiking in the woods.

Feel better!
    Oh no Shannon!
    Boy sometimes life is just very very trying isn't it?!!
    Hope you are not in too much discomfort and heal fast.
    Kia Kaha!
    Lovely to see you back here Shannon. Please keep trying to take care of yourself.
    Welcome back Shannon. You did the right thing in taking care of business that nobody ever wants to do. Keep your head up during this tough time!!
    Sounds like you're coping very well with a tough situation. Self-care is so important, and sounds like you're making it a priority. Welcome back.
    So good to have you back Shannon. Such a taxing time, you must take great care of yourself. Welcome back :-)
    Glad you made it home safely!
    Yes, sorting things out after the death of a parent... I know.

But you seem to have your things in order now.
    Keep doing what you are doing and you will be at your goal soon enough.
    Good for you for picking up, where you were before!
    I am so sorry for your loss.. time heals is what "they" say. A year and a half and im waiting for the healing! I will pray for you!
    Good luck Shannon. Wishing you safe travels and healing vibes on your journey.
    Hi Shannon

Please try and take care of yourself as much as you can. Hoping that all goes well for you.
    Just remember that you can only do what you can do!

Kia Kaha
    Lisa.
    Hi Mike!

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Much appreciated. Just plugging away and doing the best I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Just do what you can and make space for yourself when you can. It's a funky time. Don't forget about caring for yourself

Hi Edie!

Doing my best!
    Hi DutchSleeve!

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Preparing all of the necessary paperwork as I write this so I can hit the ground running on Monday afternoon.
    Keep your head up Shannon you are going through a difficult situation and you will make the best of it. This is a part of life we all have to face and it isn't easy by any means. God Bless and do the best you can.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast