Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

1. The Realities of the Gastric Sleeve

With permission, DutchSleeve has allowed me to re-post the following video. It is very informative, and if you are like me and always looking for information regarding this procedure, I urge you to take a look. It is about 52 minutes in length, so if you have the free time...sit back with a cup of Joe and soak it all in.

https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/...ighlight=video
  2. Coming Clean

In recent days I have decided in my own small way to come clean about the fact that in 2002 I had a failed RnY procedure. As a direct result, in September of 2017 I underwent a VSG revision to correct a portion of my stomach that was produced in an oversized matter.

I say this not because I feel in some way guilty about having undergone a revision – because the truth of the matter is that my reduced stomach in 2002 was produced in such a way that it was almost a certainty that weight ...
  3. Stress After Weight Loss Surgery

From a personal standpoint, since September 2017 (the date of my WLS), I now recognize that I have encountered several mind numbing and sometimes life altering stressors. Yes, some of these stressors were minor in comparison, while others were fairly significant. But through it all I found that when encountering said stressors, generally speaking, several things are usually taking place at once.

Allow me to explain:

Stress after weight loss surgery can be significant ...
  4. I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Something I should have been doing from day one is counting calories, but to be honest, in the beginning I didn't think it was necessary due to the internal shut off valve that appears to exist when you undergo the VSG procedure.

For months, my newly formed stomach would let me know when I had reached capacity, thus resulting in limitations being placed on what I could eat and how much of I was capable of eating.

At 8 months post-op, that no longer appears to be the ...
  5. A Staggering Realization

I’ve been spending time really focusing on my caloric intake and the types/quantities of foods I am consuming, and I must admit that thus far, the results have been staggering.

Basing my post-operative caloric intake at 8 months at approximately 1,000 calories, what I am finding is that I am burning through nearly half of my daily allowance by noon simply by having a small breakfast and a cup of coffee – the primary culprit in this situation being the coffee (or rather, the creamer ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast