Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

1. A Celebration of Sorts: Part 1

Yesterday saw me not only gathering up some familiar faces for a week long visit to the beautiful state of South Dakota, I also celebrated another year of life. One would think that because of these two wonderful occasions, the opportunity to allow for a "free day" of sorts would be in order, but I am proud to say that not only did I not allow myself a full on free day, I approached the situation in such a way that I found caution was the best method of handling things.

2. It Seems Everything Has Finally Hit the Fan

I want to apologize for my short but noticeable (to me) absence over the course of the past two days. I am in the process of searching for a new university and in doing so have been met with short bursts of opposition – I guess it would be what most within the VSG community refer to here (myself included) as life.

I won’t spend a great deal of time on this subject, but I believe it in some ways has everything to do with my recent lack of direction, determination, and dedication. ...
  3. Smoke and Mirrors

I take a diuretic (water pill) for lymphedema in my lower extremities roughly once a week, and in doing so, for roughly a 24 hour period, I will lose a significant amount of weight, only to have some form of weight regain once the effects of the diuretic have worn off.

While this is happening, it feels great to step onto the scale and see loss, but when it is over, even though I understand how the medication will work in my system, it is heart-breaking because I know without question ...
  4. It's Purely Psychological

Well...it seems it was too good to last as stagnation has once again set in and the scale refuses to move.

That's OK, however, because I know I am doing all of the right things, making all of the right decisions, and eating mostly all of the right foods. Just the same, I want to see movement on the scale because I believe from a psychological standpoint that seeing numbers move is much easier to track than putting on a pair of once tight-fitting jeans that now slip on with great ease. ...
  5. Poor Sleeping Patterns and a Possible VSG Connection

Generally speaking I don't sleep well. On average, if I am lucky I will receive roughly 4 hours of sleep per night. I mention this only because it is pertinent to this blog posting.

As a direct result of my lack of sleep, I find that in addition to a daily nap, I tend to lean heavily on an energy drink known as Redline Xtreme. I do so, not because I enjoy the sudden burst of energy I receive from said energy drink, rather because it has almost become a staple of my daily diet. With ...
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast