Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Yes. Don't eat around your sleeve. Get refocused and hit those goals.
    You got this keep your head up you can do it!!!
    I noticed I was sneaking a piece of bread here, mac n cheese there and while I didn't gain any weight I was stalled. I cut out the chips here and there and the breads and this week I've lost 5lbs. Sometimes we get so comfortable that we get a little lost. i told myself since my gall bladder is going bad there isn't but so much my stomach will tolerate - it was an excuse. Feb 1st I get it out and then two weeks of recuperating before finally heading to the gym. So keep your head up...you are definitely not alone!!
    well to update .. my dr i had just seen mentioned it could be the change of as you all mentioned nutrition and meds i am on one for thyroid and she said that could also do it but to make sure i dont miss any doses which i had a bit after surgery. My husband has not said to much about it lately but also pulled some responsibility off me lol so i guess that works .. for now. I had my surgery sept 27th and in augs i was 301 as of tuesday i was 252 such a big change i fit a size 18 pants also this week mind you in augs i was wearing almost a 30 womens so big changes i have updated latest picture so you all can see too .. thank you all for your support and ty for letting me know it is some times normal with us lol to be foggie and or forgetful .. also .. hope all your thanksgivings went well knowing some of us its our first one after surgery lots of changes ..
    i had like table spoon of this and that tiny piece of this and or that etc. variety and still only ate about 1/2 what i took but ate which was good .. my stomach later that night was not so happy sure i ate slow sure i chewed but some items i think was just soo heavy also and lack of fluids ..
    Hey Missy,

Yes, I thought I was losing it. Glad to hear i'm not the only one, lol. It'll get better once we start eating again but most importantly make sure to take those vitamins! We'll get there. Enjoy!

All the best,
    Michael
    I'm still a pretty new sleever, but I experienced serious brain fog and memory issues about 2 months post op. I'm feeling normal again now, so what has changed? Everything that Christie mentioned, I started to make sure to take all my vitamins religiously. There were some that had been making feel ill when I took them post op, so I stopped. This contributed to it. I switched the vitamin that was bothering me to a multivitamin patch. I also went into the doctor and got a shot of Vit B each week for a month. Also made sure I was getting enough calories.
    I can not even tell you how much better I felt. Hoping something similar works for you soon. The feeling of loosing your mind is not fun.
    Two things. First, it is easy to have brain fog when you are not getting enough nutrients. This is why besides protein and fluids, it is important to take all your vitamins. Second, your hubby may be a bit grouchier than normal. So a lot of men get a little testy as their women start to lose weight. It is an insecurity thing. Hopefully this will pass. Sending you a big hug.
    Hi Missy, This sounds familiar as I went through something like this for a while after my surgery. I was also extremely emotional and overly sensitive and very forgetful for about 3 months after. With that said if it continues I would see your Dr. and see what they think might be going on. Some people react very differently from anestetia SP? and what your going through can be a side effect. Also if you are still on any pain meds which by now you shouldn't be but if you are that can also cause forgetfulness. As far as the way your Husband spoke to you maybe you should have a heart to heart with him and explain what your going through and that your not doing this on purpose. He may then have a little more compassion instead of being snarky about it. Keep in mind that this is new to him and he may be losing his patience. I know my Husband and Son had a really hard time dealing with my emotional roller coaster because that's just not me. I couldn't explain what was happening so they didn't know what to do either. I ended up sitting them both down and asking them to have a little more compassion and be a little more understanding. They both understood and they did respond to me allot better and they really were wonderful but it had to be explained to them first. No offense to men but sometimes they just don't have that understanding chip like women do and they don't think like us so you have to explain it like their 5 lol. Good luck with everything and please see your Dr if this continues.
    Hi Missy,
    When did you have your surgery? i think all this stuff can knock you for six and being forgetful is not surprising. If it gets worse or seems really unusual it might be worth seeing your doctor for a quick check. Use the 2 week rule, if something is no better in 2 weeks go to the doc :-)
    Writing things down in a notebook so its all in one place is good. I'm even writing down the times I take my drugs at the moment because i dont trust myself LOL.
    Also not helpful for husband to be saying (questioning why your so forgetful) Give him a slap from me for that. Hopefully he is generally understanding!
    Hope it all gets better asap :-)
    Updated 11-25-2017 at 08:30 PM by Missy1974 (same reason as mine)
    update!!! i just bought size 22 and 20 pants womens and said welll let me try the 20 so i know what goal i have next and .. they fit !!!!
    You can do fresh or frozen. Just focus on protein and veggies add in something like broth to make blending it easier. You will only be able to take a few bites. Don't stress. Before you know it you will be on solids. Congrats on your success so far!!
    Congrats on a successful surgery. Now let the fun begin!!!
    You will be ok. First of all, I was intimate with my hubby maybe a week or so post op. So you don't need to worry about that. As for your cruise, you will be ok. You just can't eat like you do pre op. I had my surgery November 3rd. I had Thanksgiving that I had to fake my way through (My husbands family still does not know I had surgery.) and then Christmas. But I made it through with no issues. I nibbled and went about my life. You can do the same on the cruise. Just focus on fluids and protein and you will be fine.
    thank you Christie and Aydensmomma
    Weight until you step on that scale and it shows you "onederland"
    Good for you!!
    That is only just the beginning!! Wait until you get your sleeve and the real magic happens! And congrats on your weight loss!
    Hi Missy. I think you are doing it just right! Those are the same things I ate and I made sure not to go without anything on the list! You hang in there and stay dedicated to your decision You will not regret it and time will pass before you know it!
    That is awesome! Those kind of things are always a better indicator than the scale. That is why measurements and progress pictures are so crucial!
    I love shopping in my closet for things that haven't fit in several years. It's a real feeling of accomplishment.
    Congrats, Missy.
    Way to go!!!
    thank you wannabealoser and christie13.
    Hang in there. It is all going to be worth it. Have your yogurts. That is going to help. After a few days it will get easier. Sugar free popsicles kept me from losing my mind on the all liquid days.
    It sounds like you're doing great. My surgeon didn't make me do a pre-op diet, but I sort of wish I had because it would have gotten me further down the road on weight loss than I am. Hang in there, you're doing fine.