Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

gopostal24

1. High School Weight

Today I got on the scale and I saw that the scale read 236 - which is great - I've let go of 86 pounds since surgery in August - but 236 is a significant weight because in my junior year in high school, everyone got weighed in the gym - an odd school activity to be sure - but my weight that day was 236. Now some would argue that being at your "high school weight" would be a major accomplishment but at the time I remember being MORTIFIED of that weight - most kids weighed 150,160 - and ...
  2. 86 Days Post Surgery - Just Posted First Before And After Pictures

I just posted my first before and after pictures to my profile, after three months and (so far) 66 pounds lost. Yikes. The before picture was taken mid-July, the after picture was taken last Wednesday (11/8/17). I can't believe it is the same person in both pictures. It is ironic that a few people have made a big deal about the transformation but most people have either said off the cuff remarks like "have you been working out?" or "have you lost a few pounds?" or have said ...
  3. Down 50 - Halfway There - And Kidney Stones!

Happy to report that I am down 50 pounds - just 10 days prior to 2 months post-op. Not as happy to report that I got to experience my first kidney stone and if the pain I felt is anything like child birth, I will now declare that I am never going to have children!

I am told that that issue is potentially tied to not drinking enough water - which seems to be the endless scourge. So hard to drink water when you are used to guzzling an entire glass or bottle after the gym and knowing ...
  4. 3 Weeks Post Op Today - Can't Eat My Feelings

Just wanted to do a little check-in now that I am 3 weeks post-surgery. It feels like forever and yesterday, I must say. Things are generally going well. I am in pureed foods and most I tolerate well but eggs (my family owned an egg farm when I was a kid) have been enemy number one. My stomach is still a bit sore and my energy lags a bit, but dropping 34 pounds and NEVER FEELING hunger with minimal side effects has been a blessing.

I think one of the most difficult things for ...
  5. Day 2 Post-Op Sleeve

Well, today was day 2 of post-op (came home yesterday). And today was much better than yesterday. I was also treated for a hiatal hernia which actually physically hurts way more than the sleeve surgery. Very minimal side-effects and little pain (besides where the hernia was corrected) Today was all about eating - slowly, slowly, but the world didn't end and I am so grateful that I didn't have a lot of other issues I have seen written about here. Phew. So blessed. I know I will have to go ...