Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurel2313

1. Surgery

I posted my situation of having an invasive surgery for diverticulitis and a fistula dated 9-3-17. I was admitted to Cooper hospital in NJ which is an hour away from me. I spent 7 days there with an infection/diverticulitis. They were going to do the surgery but decided they would wait until the infection cleared up. The reason I had to travel so far is no one will do this invasive surgery where I live. So, I'm discharged with antibiotics and after 2 weeks I did my follow up with my surgeon to get ...
  2. Surgery

Hello everyone! Here's my story. Starting in 2010 I started dieting to lose weight for knee surgery. I did not want to lose it fast so I really took my time. It took 7 yrs. to get 40 lbs.off but I felt it was going in the right direction. Doctors discovered a fistula and I have diverticulitis. With the fistula, my colon is attaching to my bladder and has created a hole in my bladder and it triggers diverticulitis attacks. My surgeon told me in July 2016, I had to have Bariatric surgery to make surgery ...