Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Boo!! I really don't like that. Seems very cold and mean in my book. Is there no one else you can go to?? I really hope you can find someone. That is terrible for them to make you wait. Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs.
    Thank you Christie13! Trying to research. I'm going into depression, trying to keep my spirits up. I now am suffering again and the surgeons might not have a choice but to operate. Thank you for ALWAYS responding to me and your "big hugs"! It means everything to me!! I will post with my progress. Thank you again!
    Boo!! I really don't like that. Seems very cold and mean in my book. Is there no one else you can go to?? I really hope you can find someone. That is terrible for them to make you wait. Hope you feel better soon. Big hugs.
    Thank you Linda for your comment! I checked into a new doctor and what do you know, he's part of the same group of surgeons as mine. "Back to the drawing board"!
    I think maybe you need a second opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by NLT
    Wishing you the very best!
    Thank you!
    Wishing you the very best!
    Oh Laurel I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck on your surgery. I know it's hard to be having another surgery so soon but hopefully it will make you feel better. And woohoo!! 104 lbs!! You rock. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you and I will continue my quest to lose weight once I heal from this. I was just released from an 7 day stay in the hospital only to arrange going back in for the surgery...ugh! I just want to have a good quality of life! Thank you again and I will continue to come back to this wonderful forum and read, read, read!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Boy, you're dealing with a handful of things, aren't you?

Yet, you're so determined. Mentally, you sound like someone who will do very well after bariatric surgery in terms of staying focused, disciplined, and change your lifestyle permanently.

Very, very best to you. Stay here and read all you can. You'll see lots of people whose lives have been turned around in a very, very good way.

Welcome.
    Thank you very much for your support and I will come back and read, read, read! Funny,I just joined a gym which I will put on hold until I am healed. Thank you again for your support!
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Bless your heart (BIG hugs) I know you have to be frightened, it is a lot to wrap your head around. You have done fantastic with your weight-loss... 100-ponds is a major accomplishment. This surgery is needed and it sounds like you have already overcome obstacles in front of you, this will just be one more in a season of your life- and you will overcome this one too!!!! Sending prayers your way xoxo
    Thank you very much for your response and your support! My fear is, I always seem to have complications with surgeries, but that might be common too. I will keep coming back to this wonderful blog and read, read read! Thank you again!
    Oh Laurel I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck on your surgery. I know it's hard to be having another surgery so soon but hopefully it will make you feel better. And woohoo!! 104 lbs!! You rock. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Boy, you're dealing with a handful of things, aren't you?

Yet, you're so determined. Mentally, you sound like someone who will do very well after bariatric surgery in terms of staying focused, disciplined, and change your lifestyle permanently.

Very, very best to you. Stay here and read all you can. You'll see lots of people whose lives have been turned around in a very, very good way.

Welcome.
    Bless your heart (BIG hugs) I know you have to be frightened, it is a lot to wrap your head around. You have done fantastic with your weight-loss... 100-ponds is a major accomplishment. This surgery is needed and it sounds like you have already overcome obstacles in front of you, this will just be one more in a season of your life- and you will overcome this one too!!!! Sending prayers your way xoxo
    Is there a post op diet on this page or any reccomendations for recipe books etc Many thanks
    I agree you may be eating too little. When ever I started to stall if I upped my intake I would start losing again. Take your measurements. Even when your weight is not moving, the inches can be coming off. And stop stressing! Stress can play horrible tricks on your body.
    Good advice!Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    Depending on how much you're exercising, you may not be eating enough. Try for 80 grams of protein and a least 64 oz of water
    Thank you for your help!
    I agree you may be eating too little. When ever I started to stall if I upped my intake I would start losing again. Take your measurements. Even when your weight is not moving, the inches can be coming off. And stop stressing! Stress can play horrible tricks on your body.
    Depending on how much you're exercising, you may not be eating enough. Try for 80 grams of protein and a least 64 oz of water
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    When we first start execising, we DO gain weight. It's temporary water weight, from water going to those little micro-tears in your muscles -- exercise tears down muscle and then builds up stronger muscle tissue.

But then in a few days, a week or even two weeks, that all settles down. A few years ago I decided to walk a lot farther regularly than I was walking. In one day I gained 3 pounds. And in the next 4 days I lost 4 pounds.

Congratulations. You're doing it all right.
    Thank you Ann2 for your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry Mary
    What are you eating and drinking?
    Breakfast-greek non-fat yogurt
    Lunch-protein (cottage cheese)
    Dinner-Chicken or fish & a veggie
    I might have a muscle milk in between meals but I don't snack.
    When we first start execising, we DO gain weight. It's temporary water weight, from water going to those little micro-tears in your muscles -- exercise tears down muscle and then builds up stronger muscle tissue.

But then in a few days, a week or even two weeks, that all settles down. A few years ago I decided to walk a lot farther regularly than I was walking. In one day I gained 3 pounds. And in the next 4 days I lost 4 pounds.

Congratulations. You're doing it all right.
    What are you eating and drinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPlus
    More activity and more protein. BUT it takes time, the stalls happen. Keep going.
    Thanks! I've just joined a gym, hopefully that WILL help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    My suggestion would be have someone move your scale to where you can't find it. Stalls happen, and if you are still following all the "rules" you will be fine! (Scales can mess with your head.)
    Good luck!
    Thank you!
    More activity and more protein. BUT it takes time, the stalls happen. Keep going.
    My suggestion would be have someone move your scale to where you can't find it. Stalls happen, and if you are still following all the "rules" you will be fine! (Scales can mess with your head.)
    Good luck!
    Your protein shakes count towards your fluid intake as well. Broth counts towards your fluids, etc. Just get in as much as you can and just focus on sipping constantly. It will also help with your bowels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal
    Same here. There is no way I can drink 64 oz of water, let alone 90 I was told to shoot for. This Friday will be 3 months since my surgery and I hit 28 - 32 oz "maybe", in a day. But, I do drink 11oz of a premier protein shake daily in addition to the water, and 4 or 5 oz of Ocean Spray DIET cran-pineapple juice also, so that counts (to me anyway.)
    I was ordering some "food" online to prepare for surgery coming up.. I found a product on Walmart.com that is called Bariatric Pal all one word.. has anyone tried any of the food? or the drinks? they have "juice" that is a protein drink with 15g in a berry juice looking drink.. I might buy one just to see how it is. if its good then that may be another way to get some protein in and liquids.

let me know if anyone has heard or tried it!
    Updated 06-16-2017 at 08:40 PM by belle69142 (spelling)
    I have had a couple of 'uh-oh' moments with water lately. Only during exercise though. When I am at the gym, on the treadmill or elliptical and get parched, I have picked up my water bottle without thinking and taken HUGE mouthfuls of water like I did when going to the gym a few years ago. Almost instant barfing, LOL, and I had the worst pain in my stomach. I completely FORGOT I had surgery! Did it twice in a few days time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    It took me three months to be able to drink almost what was required. I had to try different temperatures, textures. At the beginning I would drink mostly wam broth, then iced cold water. Plain water was a no no for months, it had to be mixed with juice. Then only herbal tea or tea but not all...some made me sick. Since I was nauseous for months, it became much easier to drink past six months, when I got better. Just try your best to drink, always have a bottle/mug near you and drink all day. Measure what you drink to make sure you get enough fluids.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond! I'm on day 50 and yesterday I consumed 40 ozs. I'm getting there!
    I can tell you it was months for me before I was drinking the 64+ oz regularly. But now I have no issues. I just had to push myself to get as close as possible and I counted all fluids. Just always have something on you and keep sipping. It does get easier.
    Thank you for the info and encouragement!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast