Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jimshoes
    So, what are these "gas strips" and where do you get them? Also, should I take some broth with me? If I pack super light, can I wash my travel clothes and wear them when I return? Should I plan to wear either PJs or athletic-type shorts or sweat pants while there? I am actually having my lap-band removed and the sleeve revision...anyone else had that procedure and if so was it much different? I had my lap-band procedure in Mexico and it was a great, clean experience, and it sounds like this place is as well. How many surgeries a day do they perform, it sounds like quite a few?
    Just seeing your message. Have you had your surgery?
    GIGI... you have lost so much weight! I was looking at your ticker on another post earlier and i was like wow... good on you, how are you doing these days?
    So, what are these "gas strips" and where do you get them? Also, should I take some broth with me? If I pack super light, can I wash my travel clothes and wear them when I return? Should I plan to wear either PJs or athletic-type shorts or sweat pants while there? I am actually having my lap-band removed and the sleeve revision...anyone else had that procedure and if so was it much different? I had my lap-band procedure in Mexico and it was a great, clean experience, and it sounds like this place is as well. How many surgeries a day do they perform, it sounds like quite a few?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam G
    FYI: gasx strips are for intestinal gas, not nausea. Just be prepared. Ask for anti-nausea meds before it gets bad.
    HaHaHa... well Pam I was writing pretty quickly but there is definitely a difference between Mexico and the US. The language barrier for one could pose a miscommunication. I still found the nurses to be fantastic even if I did not understand everything they were telling me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefany
    Thanks for this! I am now at ease with not decision and all fear is gone. I wish you the best in your recovery. I'm especially excited to see that you've returned to work after 8 days. I'm a 911 dispatcher so I figured I would go back sooner too since I'm just sitting all night at work.
    Hi Stefany,

I am so glad my post eased your mind. It really is a wonderful journey! Please stay in touch xoxoxoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfulinhope
    The dress looks great on you! Sounds like you're doing great!!!!
    Hi Joy!!!! How are you? I am doing great. Just learning life with my new tummy and loving the changes in my body xoxoxo
    GREAT suggestions!!!! Thank you!!! xo
    I down loaded an app on my phone that sounds off every 15 min. to remind me to drink my water. I chose the alarm sound of an ice cube going into a glass. : ) I have it set to start at 7am and to quit at 8pm. Really seems to help my reach my goal of 65 oz. per day. I am doing this pre-op. Surgery is scheduled at end of month. B
    He are my 4 personal liquid tips:

1. I drink a lot of hot tea with evaporated milk and stevia as it soothes my new mini tummy.
    2 lactose free milk with sugar free strawberry syrup to make strawberry milk. (Don't like chocolate). This also helps with your protein intake.
    3. I also get a smoothie every other day from the local smoothie king. Caribbean way is my fav.
    4. I get a gallon of the chick fillet diet lemonade and water it down.. They use fresh lemons but it's really strong so I cut it with 1/2 water and it's perfect.
    Thank you everyone for your comments. I meet with a Nutritionist today and then a local Bariatric surgeon that I have been referred to just to monitor me. When I had my stitches out, the doctor freaked out that I had my surgery done in Tijuana, Mexico. I am doing great but my husband and I thought it was not a bad idea to have someone local give me a once over and then have them for a future reference if needed.

I will talk to the Nutritionist today. I'm down almost 33 lbs. and very motivated to do what I need to do... learn what I need to learn to be successful in the long-term.
    The dress looks great on you! Sounds like you're doing great!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    I have a confession...I'm 2+ years out and have never come close to drinking 64 ounces of water in a day. I simply don't like water that much, and whenever I approach 50 ounces I start to urinate every 10-20 minutes.

Unsweetened iced tea and coffee are my drinks of choice. I'll drink a 16-ounce bottle of water after a workout, but that's about it.
    It doesn't have to be water, just liquids.
    I've had a difficult time with this too. I have a cup of herbal hot tea after each "meal", whether that's a protein drink or pureed food. That helps break up the water drinking. I used to breathe coffee, but funnily enough, after surgery it tastes disgusting to me! If I'm having a really hard day, I make sugar free hot cocoa. ;-)
    I have a confession...I'm 2+ years out and have never come close to drinking 64 ounces of water in a day. I simply don't like water that much, and whenever I approach 50 ounces I start to urinate every 10-20 minutes.

Unsweetened iced tea and coffee are my drinks of choice. I'll drink a 16-ounce bottle of water after a workout, but that's about it.
    It took me quite a while to regularly get in enough liquids. I had to make sure I kept drinking. I did better with warm liquids for some reason. Was able to get more down quicker. So I had my 20 oz nonfat latte, my hot tea, and broth to help me get through it until I was able to drink with less issues. You will get it. Just remember how important it is.
    You just have to do it! No excuses. Keep you water bottle nearby and sip every waking moment. Keep a journal of liquid and protein intake so you know when you have reached your goal for the day. They didn't just make this minimum up, people who don't drink frequently can end up back in the hospital with dehydration. Who wants that?

The liquids are not "on top of protein shakes" as shakes count toward your liquid minimum too. So a bottle of Isopure (if my memory serves me right, it's been ages) counts as 40 grams of protein and 20 ounces of liquid. I'm sure I forgot the specifics, but you get the point. I even counted my once-a-day cup of coffee.

This is your job now. Soon it will be second nature, but now you have to count. And don't say you can't do it, because you can.
    I'm only two weeks post op and YES..it is so hard to get liquids in on top of the protein shakes and soup. I'm so full and have no desire to put anything else in my mouth. I know I'm definitely not getting enough, but continue to work on it. I look forward to hearing what others recommend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    congrats to you GigiUSA. and that dress looks great on you just as it is. keep up the good work
    Thank you Martini xo I could not be happier with my new sleeved stomach. Every day I feel more and more like my old self. How are you doing? xo
    Thank you!!! xo
    Six months since surgery and just now getting in enough liquids. For some reason water made me nauseous. It is tough, but every month gets better. I drink a lot of diet juice (cran/ras) and water it down. I am with you on the water additives. Keep going, it gets easier.
    congrats to you GigiUSA. and that dress looks great on you just as it is. keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiUSA
    Thank you!!!! I know I will burst out crying when I finally see 199 on my scale!!! It's an emotional journey. I feel like my avatar,,, peeling back layers and finding myself again. It's really been life changing for me and I am only a month out.
    Thanks Jamma ( hugs). I think I am going for it lol

Did you try the recipe? It is really good and pre portioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Gigi you look adorable in that dress. I don't think it is too short. You look wonderful. You lost 30 lbs in a month?! That is freaking AWESOME!!!
    Thank you Christie!!! It was the 1st thing I bought post-sleeve ... Just a cheaply dress in a "normal" size and OMG it fit!! I may just get a little sun on my legs and go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by RehabNurse
    Keep up the good work...'Onederland' will be here before you know it.
    Thank you!!!! I know I will burst out crying when I finally see 199 on my scale!!! It's an emotional journey. I feel like my avatar,,, peeling back layers and finding myself again. It's really been life changing for me and I am only a month out.
    Gigi, I am very conscious of dressing age-appropriate (I am 62) and I do NOT think that dress to too short! I'm going to try your recipe
    Gigi you look adorable in that dress. I don't think it is too short. You look wonderful. You lost 30 lbs in a month?! That is freaking AWESOME!!!
    Keep up the good work...'Onederland' will be here before you know it.
    So far... so good Have you gotten your approvals and surgery date yet Blinky?
    Hi gigi, just wondering how you and your weight loss is going ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriH
    You just made my day!! I've been nervous and thinking did I make a wrong decision? You have totally put me at ease!! I love this blog!!! I will definitely be getting gas x strips 😁😁 I don't go for a bit but Aug 31 will be here before I know it and surgery is Sept 1, with Dr Almanza now I'm excited!!! Thank you Gigi!! Good luck and wish you all the brst!!
    I'm so glad my blog entry helped you as you prepare for your surgery. You are right... It will be here before you know it!! Good luck xo
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast