Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Norms

1. It's been awhile since I posted.....

Hi All,

It's been a fair while since I last updated my blog or participated in the forum. It's been crazy busy so it's been one of those bottom of the list things while I get everything else sorted.

Well it's been a good couple of month since I last updated this thing so to start off, when I last updated my blog I was 299lbs, I'm happy to say I'm now down to 259lbs with the goal weight being 142lbs, I'm now 100lbs lighter than I was when I first started on this journey. ...
  2. 2 months on......

For those who may have not read my first blog, I had my operation on the 29th of July 2011. At that time my weight was 359lbs, I'm now in the 200 range and my weight is 299lbs. I've lost 60lbs in the last 2 months and feel great. But it hasn't been a walk in the park. When I was first recommended for the Gastric surgery(our public health system pays for it) I weighed in at a hefty 410lbs. After just over 12 months of getting my weight down I was finally accepted at 359lbs, so it was a hard slog ...

Updated 10-02-2011 at 01:33 PM by Norms

Categories
    Gastric Sleeve Journey Report Report
  3. Second check up 29-8

I was suppose to write this a week ago but it has been a mad house around here and I haven't had a chance. Anyways....before I went I had hit the dreaded plato about a week or two before the appointment. I didn't worry about it to much as I figured I would change my diet and kick up my exercise routine. The first part worked a charm, the exercise....not so well. I tore my calf muscle while kickboxing. When I went back in for my check in I was still on 324lbs. I did have a chat to my dietitian and ...
  4. First check up since Surgery.

We'll I had my first check up since having my surgery on the 29th of July. When I started my diet prior to my operation I was 187kgs(412lbs). That was back in May of 2010. It was probably the best decision I had ever made. Unfortunately I could of had my operation a lot sooner had I taken the option of working towards having a gastric sleeve the first time it was offered to me. Back then I was peaking between 195-197kgs(429lbs-434lbs), high blood pressure and regularly suffered from bouts of gout ...