Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

1. Learning to advocate for myself

I realized that instead of just waiting for the far-away follow-up appointment to officially get my sleep study results, I should call back and see if there were any cancellations or earlier appointments. When I called, I explained my situation (quickly) and the scheduler said that they have a nurse practitioner who is available THIS WEEK to review results. I almost fell off my chair. How awesome would it be to get the results sooner? Rather than 2 months from now? So-- I have an appointment ...
  2. Sleep Study completed! I have sleep apnea but don't know any details.

I had my sleep study April 23-24th. It was held in a hotel a few minutes from my home. I didn't know what to expect when I went. I arrived at the same time as another woman, and we were put in separate rooms. I brought my own pillow and blanket because I figured I'd sleep better with familiar things from home. I got there at 8pm. I filled out some paperwork about my sleeping habits and then they left me alone for a while- they said that they had to have me hooked up by midnight for insurance ...