Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jcook2

1. About the timeline and UHC

I have United Healthcare for my insurance, and my plan requires 6 monthly visits before approving WLS. Fortunately, I hit my high weight in December last year and mentioned it to my practitioner, who made notes that I was seeking to lose weight. Then I had a hysterectomy in January, and mention was made in my surgeon's notes of nutrition for healing and weight loss, as well in her February follow-up notes. So I was able to get quite a jump start that way- My actual surgery date was July 11. Lesson ...
  2. Trying out dietary changes pre-op

I've been doing all the reading and information gathering that I can, waiting impatiently for my consultation so I can make plans. It seems that every surgeon has their own pre-surgical protocol so I can't know what Dr. Glatt will require until I meet with him. I can try to start eating healthier now though.Yesterday I "ate" (drank!) only liquids. I wasn't hungry but I constantly felt the urge to go get something to snack on. It kind of makes me wonder exactly how much I normally eat/snack. ...
  3. Very early in the process...still gathering information

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my regular practitioner to talk about my latest A1c, which was 6.9, and I will be telling her about my upcoming consultation with the bariatric surgeon. With my insurance (UHC) I was able to schedule the consultation appointment on my own, but of course I want my normal regular practitioner to be aware of what's going on with me! For some reason I am feeling nervous about meeting with her.

These are the appointments I have scheduled: