Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I use it all the time too. I add it to my iced tea or power drinks a few times a week
    Walgreens carries their own brand which is cheaper too by the way
    My Dr. also said I could use it from week 1. I add the non flavored packets of Miralax to my protein shake every 2 or 3 days. It helps.
    I used Miralax and still do as needed.
    I use it routinely, every single day. If I don't I get clogged plumbing. I use it on the advice of my doctor and would do free commercials for them if they wanted me to.

It can be a little costly using the name brand every day so I get a generic brand at sam's for a fraction of the cost.

I <3 Miralax
    Living this still at 4 mo post op. So scary at week 3, end of liquids and thinking well what do I need to eliminate? Well apparently a lot more than I thought, considered an ER trip but took matters in my own hands(sorry) lesson learned. Senokot for day 3 if I haven't gone and pretty much depend on Smooth Move tea almost every other night before bed. Not getting enough fiber for sure, hoping to eat salads again soon.
    I got constipated after I started pureed foods. I took two generic stool softeners, and that did the trick.
    I used Dulcolax and still do from time to time. It doesn't give me those horrible cramps like some others do but as far as Miralax I never liked it mainly because it didn't help. With that said my Husband just had a horrific major back surgery and he is really constipated from the pain meds. Miralax hasn't done anything for him but the Dulcolax seems to work wonders. Good Luck, I know what a horrible feeling it is to be like that.
    Lots of people use it. I couldn't drink the stuff so I ended up using enemas. Not a full one, just a little to help me get going. I am happy to report that I will be 10 months tomorrow and am finally pretty regular. No more constipation. It was a hard road...pun intended.
    Yes, it's what my doctor recommended.
    I have heard other people say they used it. My daughter was on it for a long time (not a sleeve patient, she has IBS).
    I had horrble constipation issues the first couple months after surgery, and I wasn't used to this. I had always taken magnesium pills before bed for years and they pills are so large that I knew I couldn't take them after surgery, so I didn't. I cut them in half and began taking them again a month out and it still took a couple more months to get back in the swing of things. I am 5 months post op and have NO problems in that department anymore, happy to say.

But Miralax has been known to work.
    It was safe for me
    You got this! Keep your eye on the prize and you will be there in no time.
    You can totally do this! Good luck and keep fighting the good fight. Exercise is a key component of weight loss. Keep walking and find other things you can do to keep it going.
    So glad to hear you are doing so well. Congrats on your success so far. You will totally be able to lose 100 lbs. You got this!! And great idea about the rewards. My favorite rewards were new work out gear. And now it is new clothes for my new body.
    KEEP IT UP!!
    Sounds like you've got your head in the right place and that is one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle. Keep up the good work and enjoy that extra energy!
    Does everyone have to do a pre-op diet? Because I already lost 15 lbs with the nutritionist on a 6 month log for insurance.. Loosing more right before the op will put me below the min requirements.
    I am 3 days post op and heavier. Thank you for asking the question and I appreciate the answers!

update - weighed this morning and am down a pound from surgery weight (finally). I was up about 4 pounds after surgery.
    Hope your surgery went well.
    Water weight. Totally normal.
    I'm so glad to hear you decided to overcome those doubts and fears. It's a step of faith. I think of that scene in Indiana Jones when he had to take a step off the cliff believing there will be something under his feet when he steps down.

Very happy you aren't having to battle nausea or extreme uncomfortableness. The infection sucks, but it sounds like you got that covered. Happy recovering--Congrats! ;-)
    We were all heavier 2-3 days post op.. Comes off in the first 1-2 weeks for most of us.
    Congrats and good luck on your journey. I have surgery in 3 days and this post puts me a little more at ease.
    Hahaha. Yes. I think quite a few people are heavier post op. Don't worry....it will all go away and then some before you know it!
    Mary congrats!!! So glad to hear that everything is going so well. It is going to be an amazing journey. I'm sorry to hear about the infection. I got thrush from being on the liquid diet!! My surgeon was thinking it was odd but I had actually read about others who go thrush doing the pre op as well. I am so happy for you and ready to cheer you on along the way!
    Thank you all for your responses! That does make sense! I will take your wise advice and put my scale away for awhile.
    You may recall having received bags of intravenous fluids before, during and after surgery. Those IV fluid bags weigh a considerable amount, and therefore, contribute to the heavier weight you're currently sitting at.

To maintain your sanity during this early phase, stay off the scale for several weeks and let your body to sort out the shock it's recently experienced. Daily and weekly weights won't exactly make you lose the weight any slower or faster.

It's physiologically impossible to gain 7 pounds of fat in 2 to 3 days unless you overate nearly 25000 calories in the 48 to 72 hours that have elapsed since your procedure. It's fluid retention. It's water weight. As long as it isn't fat gain, don't worry.

Good luck to you.
    Ir's the IV fluids. Happens to almost everyone. Give it a week. This is going to work.
    Yes, don't worry about it, your body has been through a lot of trauma, liquids have been pumped in etc. In fact I would advise hiding your scale that whole first month.
    Congrats! I hope everything went well. ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast