Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MTMiller

1. Hunger is under control!

I am so thankful I found this website! I have gotten so much helpful information and support! I am no longer hungry! It is a mental battle for sure. Yesterday I stayed on my pre-op diet all day. 5 o'clock is my trouble time. Home from work and I just want to dive right in to mindless munching. Yesterday I fixed some Unjury chicken soup and it was Amazing! I have discovered that I prefer a warm savory mug of "soup" for a meal replacement rather than the sweet shakes. I actually feel like ...
  2. I'm doing much better!

Thanks to those who responded to my last post. I did great on my pre-op diet yesterday! I have the right mindset now! It makes better sense to me now. I stayed busy yesterday and out of the kitchen. I told my family they have to be responsible for getting their own dinners. (They are adults) I advocated for myself and explained that I needed to concentrate on my needs right now. It felt good. I am a caretaker. Now I am committed to taking care of me! It's just shakes, lean meat, and green veggies ...
  3. Struggling with pre-op diet

Hi all,
    I am hungry! I do OK until dinner time and then I eat more than I should. Still no bread or pasta but I had a baked potato with my chicken breast. Should have been just non starchy veggies. I will try harder tomorrow. I really am hungry. I wish I had someone to just put it in front of me. I woke up last night at 3:17 hungry. I got a shake. That was a victory. I am scared I won't lose enough on this diet. I am supposed to lose 10-15 lbs on 2 week pre-op diet. My nerves are going too. ...
  4. July 20, 2017

Well! The endoscopy was very easy! Everyone was so nice and reassuring. I told them I was nervous and they really helped me relax and it was over in no time at all. The whole tube down my throat thing really freaked me out but, I didn't even know they did It! Preoperative testing was on Monday and that went well. Chest x-ray, EKG, blood work, and talked to the anesthesia person. They asked lots of questions about my general health and looked through
    in my mouth. Told me about not eating ...

Updated 07-21-2017 at 12:41 AM by MTMiller (Wrong date)

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  5. July 12, 2017

This is my first blog post. I am nervous about the Endoscopy on Friday. It is getting very real now! Pre-op testing on Monday morning. Dr. Patel clears me for surgery next week, too, and all that's left is the surgery. I feel ready. Just nervous about the pain. I have studied my book for 6 months now. I know what to do and what to eat. I think I have my mind in gear. Worried about the 2 week pre-open diet. I am a hungry girl!! One day at a time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12