Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Start with the vitamin patches, (Patchmd) and as time goes by and you are able to introduce other foods back into your diet, you will feel much better.
    I don't know, but I wonder if your larger stomach pushed on your bladder making you have the urge to go more often.
    I am 3 weeks out and drinking plenty and not peeing much too. Trying to force more fluids to get things kicked in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifermeske
    its a hydration issue and you should speak to your doc.
    I did - I am not dehydrated.
    its a hydration issue and you should speak to your doc.
    I only peed a few times a day in the very beginning as well. It will get more frequent as time goes on. As long as you are drinking enough, you have nothing to be worried about.
    Never thought about it really. Good question. It may have to do with post surgery swelling. Once that starts releasing you should see a difference. Also I do remember that before surgery I was wearing incontinance pads but almost immediately afterwards I didn't need them anymore.
    I have no idea. I always have to 'go'!
    No explanation but i also when from peeing often to about once a day now.
    It will get better after a few weeks. And as you lose you will be amazed at how much more energy you will find. I have to admit though I do get tired by 10pm. Like I just konk out. I used to be more of a night person.

But now I am a healthy active person so that is a small price to pay lol.

Oh and be dillegent about taking vitamins and getting as much protein as you can!

Wishing you great success ��
    First week or two were tough from an energy perspective. Had to nap, and sometimes 2x a day. It slowly improved to the point where I now have more energy than I've experienced in the last 20 - 15 years. Go slow, but get up and be active. It'll improve. Your body is still healing from the surgery, so it uses a lot of your energy for that.
    It will end soon, but I remember basically sleeping that whole first week!
    It will get a little easier each day. The first week is the hardest. The more protein and fluids the better. I was taking vitamins and that helped. Multi vitamin, B12, Calcium Citrate, D3, and biotin.
    Congratulations on your weightloss. Only time I experienced fatigue was when I was dehydrated from not drinking enough water or non caloric beverage, don't count your protein drink with fluid intake. Other reason was if I was sick.
    Make sure your staying hydrated and taking a chewable multi vitamin and sublingual B12. If your doing all theses things it should improve has you heal and resolve by week 6. If not improving I recommend checking with your doctor and make sure something else isn't going on like developing a thyroid problem.
    Hope you get your energy back soon.
    You will continue to lose at a pretty fast pace for the first few months and then it will slow some. I have lost 73 lbs post op (20 pre op but I was under 7 months supervision with my surgeon's office for an insurance requirement). I am almost 9 1/2 months post op and am 6 lbs under my goal weight. (But still in what is considered a healthy BMI range for my 4'11" height.) I am sure you will lose those 84 lbs before you know it. Just remember the first week is the hardest but it does get better.
    These next 5 days will fly by and soon you will be waking up in the hospital with a new sleeve! Try not to get too tired between now and then as you will need all your strength to recover. It sounds like you have a good support system with your family and that will be a great help in the future. And what a motivation an upcoming trip to Spain will be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    It does get easier. If you are feeling hungry try broth. That helped me think I was eating. Also sugar free popsicles. It does get easier.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am now on day 10 and you are right I am not feeling tortured anymore. I can't believe I made it without cheating!! 5 days until surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Princess
    The low fat cream of chicken soup helped me a lot. I also put some fat free retried beans and chicken broth in a blender and made "soup". That was actually really good during the liquid phase. It does get easier. I promise.

I wish I could have soup... my pre-op diet is 4 protein shakes a day and clear liquids only. It has gotten better though. I am on day 10 and I think my stomach shrunk or at least my appetite has.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerGuy
    one of my most important suggestions is to ween yourself off caffeine BEFORE starting the pre op diet.

Haha - too late for that. I don't want to give up caffeine at all. My surgeon is ok with one cup of coffee a day post op wish I understood why I can't have it preop.

Thank you though...
    one of my most important suggestions is to ween yourself off caffeine BEFORE starting the pre op diet.
    The low fat cream of chicken soup helped me a lot. I also put some fat free retried beans and chicken broth in a blender and made "soup". That was actually really good during the liquid phase. It does get easier. I promise.
    It does get easier. If you are feeling hungry try broth. That helped me think I was eating. Also sugar free popsicles. It does get easier.