Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

1. Finally - First Major Milestone achieved ((Down 100 lbs))

Well, it's about time! I finally hit my first major milestone albeit it took 8 months. I know I would be down more if I could exercise more but I have severe osteoarthritis in my hips. I am looking into stem cell therapy and then if not an option I will need to consider having both hips replaced. However, I will not do that until I lose at least another 80 pounds.

On the bright side, I am walking more, triple the daily average that I was pre-surgery so I am happy about that. ...
  2. 6 Months Post Op and Fingers Crossed

I can not believe it has been 6 months already post op. I remember the days of sucking down chicken broth, slurping sugar free gelatin and being hangry! lol

Now I can say that I am completely adapted to my new way of life with my sleeve. Best decision I made in my life for countless reasons.

I am down 90 pounds now but that has been with limited exercise due to having severe osteoarthritis in both hips, just diagnosed 2 weeks ago because I finally could fit into ...
  3. 4 Weeks Post OP

Hi All,

Just thought I would give a brief update. I am doing great! Still no complications so far, ((knock on wood)). I am on the mushy stuff. I drink 2 premier shakes a day along with lots of water. Last Saturday I had some Mo Pa Tofu, it was amazing. And Sunday I blended some rib-eye in my nutri bullet and then cooked with onion and RAO's Marinara sauce and it was amazing. Was kind of like sloppy joe consistency and did not have any trouble eating it.

Thought ...
  4. I ate 2 scrambled eggs!

Not sure why but this excited me. I made 2 scrambled eggs for dinner last night, a little butter, 2 eggs, salt n pepper a teaspoon of reduced fat sour cream and 1 minced jalapeno. Took me 1/2 hour to eat it all but it was wonderful. Think I will do it again tonight!

Good news is I love eggs and can eat them every day so excited about that. Think I will now try cottage cheese, ricotta, humus etc during the week.

Tired of soup!!!!! Although I came up with an ...
  5. 14 Days Post Op.

14 Days since surgery and feeling pretty good. Now that I can have thicker liquids I am able to get more calories in which has helped my energy level. Getting the fluids no problem. Lesson learned so far, keep using Miralax during these stages. The train got stuck at the station and that was not fun but we got it moving again!

I am trying a little egg salad today, just had a few bites and chewed it well and no issues so far.

I feel very fortunate to have not ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast