Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tommy1969

1. 9 Days Post Op and First Doc Follow Up

Just got back from Doc and Nut. All good. Down 41 lbs now since my original start weight. Feeling good.

One thing, does anyone else get moody or cranky, I find I am having mood swings which I did not experience previously. Maybe I am just hangry!

I am taking all the vitamins, etc. Just find I get a bit touchy from time to time.

Have a great weekend!
  2. Day 6 Post Op - Very happy with results so far!

Hi All,

I got more than 64 ounces yesterday! Combination of protein shakes, herbal tea, water, beef broth, powerade zero and sugar free popsicles.

I decided to be bold today and add in some thinned out tomato soup with fat free milk. No issues! Tolerated well and what a welcomed change after the last 3 weeks!

I am a newbie so don't have much advise to give but I can tell you that I believe that following the doc's instructions to the T is paramount ...
  3. Yes!!

Got a 16oz protein shake down in about 1 1/2 hours today 5 days post op and I can now take deeper breaths without pain! Getting better by the day! To those just post op make sure you use your respitory device as it really does help! Hopefully I can get the full 64 ounces today. Got about 40 yesterday.

OH and probably TMI but I finally had a bowel movement after 6 days. I am putting Miralax in the shakes and Powerade.
  4. Day 4 Post Op

As suspected things seem to be getting easier, still struggling with fluids but working on it. Just bored to death as my wife won't let me leave the house until I get in 64 ounces. I got about 24 yesterday. Shooting for at least 36 today. Still getting periodic gassy pains just below my chest plate. They pass however. I had planned on going back to work Monday but not going to until I get in 64 ounces. Fortunately, I can work from home so I plan on easing my way back into it. I know if I ...
  5. I'm home!

I was discharged at 7pm yesterday. So far so good. In a bit of pain but is manageable. Challenge has been getting in the liquids as it feels like it is being forced and there is still gas. Trying to move as much as possible and sip sip sip. I assume it gets easier each day. I also farted today, FYI. Best one I've ever had. Only pain med I'm taking is liquid Tylenol. They gave me some liquid hydrocodone but I don't like it. GasX strips seem to help too. My wifey made me some spearmint ...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast