Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

I had one for 24 hours. The removal, while not exactly painful, was a very weird feeling, but over in seconds.
    Yes, thank you for asking this question, I've seen posts about drains in various places and wondered the same thing. I've told myself that it's not a deal breaker, just something I'll deal with if it happens. Interesting nonetheless.
    You got this! There may be some trying times because it can get difficult but it is SOOOOOO worth it. Just remember lots of walking and lots of sipping the first week and it will help a lot. I needed warm liquids to ease my nausea so I drank warm broth and creamed soups made with skim milk. Good luck! You got this!
    The first 24 hours after surgery sucked but life is amazing now!!!! You can do it!
    Im 6 days post op and feeling great. Don't worry...you will be fine...and then get better and better!
    Thanks for asking the question carterfamof6. I know I will have one but was curious if it was going to be a hassle, painful, etc. But from the responses you got I can tell it won't be a big deal and that helps me feel better.

I didn't have any, but my friends that have say it's not too bad.
    I had one. No big deal.
    I had one for 3 days and it removed a lot of fluid
    Thank you all for the feedback I'm getting nervous so I think I am you tubing too much. Surgery is on the 17th
    I had one for 3 days, but I've heard my surgeon doesn't use them as part of his standard protocol anymore. Personally, i was glad to have one. Any internal bleeding, infection or leak would have been evident immediately from what the draining fluid looked like.
    No drains for me.
    I didn't have drains.
    Each bariatric surgeon does his own thing. My surgeon do not use drains, but I know an other one who does.
    Not at my hospital and I'm an RN. I usually only see drains in open procedures, not laparoscopic ones.
    No clue about always, but I had one. It was out within 24 hours.