Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DesertGal

1. 79 pounds gone!

Just one more measly pound and I will have hit -80 pounds GONE. Every morning when I wake up early, I feel my hips and waist in bed and think "Is it really gone?" (the flabby fat.) I have to do a double take when I walk by my big bathroom mirror because I still can't believe in this short time (almost 10 weeks out) I have dropped this much, this quickly.

I have found which foods I can easily eat with NO issues (chicken thigh meat, white fish, soft steamed green veggies)- ...
  2. I Survived The Last 7 Weeks After Surgery

I got to say, this has been so much harder than I imagined. Everyone is different from each other and I am in awe of the folks who say, after surgery, how it's "been so easy to drink water" and "I had No problem eating".

My pre op weight loss was a cake walk compared to this. I am not complaining about how much I have lost in such a short amount of time: 72 pounds down, 30 inches GONE, BMI is 29.3 down from 40.3, going from a 22 jeans to 8/10 size in shorts, 2x ...
  3. What a First Month!

March 24, 2017 came... and went by quickly. One month post op and I survived. I'm not going to lie, it was difficult for me at times. There's people out there that had no issues with drinking enough water, taking vitamins without problems or getting in enough nutrition. I am not complaining, but drinking water is hard for me. I struggle everyday getting it in. I make sure I take ALL my vitamins and supplements and am just NOW getting to eat about 1/4 cup of food per sitting. (A scrambled egg or ...
  4. Take What Life Hands You Graciously

I have a blog with this title on another web site and borrowed it. It's fitting.
    I'm 4 days post op and in addition to aches, pains, mild discomforts... I know I have made the right choice. I seem to be a bit weepy too. I've held in all my fears since starting the insurance requirements back in December.

My surgeon reassured us that bad things can happen anytime but the odds were very good things would go off without a hitch. Deep down I kept pushing to the back of my mind ...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234