Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa7
    Hey Christie! Definitely and yes. 10000 biotin and visicial along with my regular vitamins. Think I'm going to add fish oil with omega. Thank you! Hope all is well on your end.
    I'm great, thanks. The hair loss will ease up with time as long as you're getting good nutrients. Try not to stress too much. It'll grow in. Good luck.
    Have you thought about MiO Elextrolyte drops to flavor your water. I like the grape and it helps change things up for water. I've also been cutting up watermelon and putting into Quart jars with water so that I have a variety. I struggle with water too, so thought I'd share. I hope things get better soon for you, and the hair loss stops.
    Hey Christie! Definitely and yes. 10000 biotin and visicial along with my regular vitamins. Think I'm going to add fish oil with omega. Thank you! Hope all is well on your end.
    Hey Vanessa. Hope you can figure out a better way of eating that helps both with your weight loss and also to get your body the nutrients it needs. Good nutrition will also help with the hair loss. Are you taking any supplements to help with the hair loss? Good luck to you.
    Thank you All. Just be prepared if you have thin hair.

I cried yesterday after showering because it's so bad considering my hair is so thin. I've been taking my vitamins and eating healthy so I know it's nothing I'm doing wrong... just one of the side effects of surgery. I Still don't regret the surgery at all because I feel and look great. I know this is temporary but it hurts my self esteem. Why can't we loose armpit or leg hair?? Anyways, I decided to buy a wig to help me ride this out. As soon as my hair stops shedding so much, I'll start applying coconut oil to help regrow it. I also added viviscal back into my vitamin regimen so we'll see. Thank you and good luck to those of you as well!
    I too am a little worried about hair loss! My hair dresser told me to do the 3 step nioxin now to try and prevent it before it starts. Plus I am going minimal and avoiding flat irons and blow drying (doing the beach scrunchy look).

Hang in there this to shall pass
    Sorry Vanessa... I bet this is devastating to say the least! My hair gets a little thinner when the weather changes if that makes sense... so I too am concerned about what is going to happen after surgery. I have definitely taken advise from Shirl and Christie as I prepare for the dreaded hair loss issues. Best of luck to you!!! (hugs)
    Thanks for this post. This thought scares me a little because my hair is fine and rather thin from thyroid issues.
    It gets better and mine did not last too long. I still have hair loss but not nearly as bad and I can see regrowth. I take 10,000 of biotin twice a day. My hair looks a lot better now than it did 2 months ago.
    Here are my personal thoughts on hair loss: https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/entry.php?b=30720
    I have this issue too. Its just started for me 2 months post-op. A stylist told me that worrying about my hair loss causes hair loss. Greeeat! Ever try Rogaine for women? Im thinking about it. Im interested in hearing ANY tips!
    I think it is natural for your weight to slow down. You start off losing quite a bit each week and then it slows down considerably. I am 7 months and now lose about a pound every 7-10 days. Rock that BEAST MODE!!!
    Go BEASTMODE!!!! You will rock it next week
    Congratulations!!! I can only imagine how great it must feel to know that those pounds are GONE, forever.

That's a milestone I am GREATLY looking forward to hitting in the next couple of months.
    Congratulations Vanessa!!! I am so excited for you and hope I will be there one day just like you! My sister calls it making it into the ONEderfuls! Lol... Like you, I had initially done some binge feast eating after deciding to do the surgery. Now with it being a few weeks away I have straightened up and am doing my best to follow the pre-op diet and guidelines.... and encourage my daughter to do the same, as we are scheduled to have ours done together! So again... Congrats! Look forward to hearing you post more about your journey!
    Thank you so much! A huge milestone. I'm just so happy it's really happening.

Congrats on your decision Gigi! You are doing well if you have starting to straighten up now. I tried but failed lol. I went through a binge feast until 3 weeks prior to surgery. I gained 20 pounds within 2 months . For 2 weeks i began cutting out some of my foods but i got really strict during my 5 day fast. It was so difficult but knowing what was to come made it more tolerable. You're whole relationship with food will change. Like Christie and everyone else who has been thru this process, It's not easy but as long as you're ready to change your life, you can and you will do it! My word of advice...do your research and follow the guidelines/diet to the T! If you have any questions, let me know.
    Congrats on another milestone!! Be proud of yourself! This isn't easy!
    Yay Vanessa!!!!! That's a super huge milestone. I can't wait to be where you are. My surgery is in Mexico in July. It makes me feel so much better to see someone else doing so well afterwards. Our stats are pretty similar too. Any words of advice for a sleeve sister heading south of the border?

Congrats again to you!!!!!
    It is so great to hear you happy. :-) You were the nicest person I met out there! ✌������
    I too went to Mx alone for surgery and can't believe I had the courage. I understand the feeling. I also agree that learning new habits is challenging, but achievable!

<3
    Glad to hear you are doing well and learning the healthy habits Vanessa!
    Sounds like your on the right track and the advice you gave yourself is good along with the advice from Christy and Sandra is good too. Good Luck with your journey
    Especially the first month you need to stick to 1/2 cup per sitting. But for several months you could also think it's hunger when it's actually thirst. So drink as much as possible. The first month I was allowed to have 3 meals 2 snacks. It's better not to go hungry and always focus on protein, it will help to make better choices. Just focus on nutritious food, don't keep junk food inside your house. And if you can find help do it asap because at some point you will be able to eat more (I could eat one cup around month 5) so if you don't face the problems now it will fire back later. Good luck!
    Definitely get help now. The sleeve is a wonderful tool but you can definitely gain all the weight you lost back if you don't make smart choices. It's crucial to work on the mental aspect of losing weight now. Good luck.

http://www.obesitycoverage.com/weigh...tomach-stretch

http://www.bariatric-surgery-source....c-surgery.html
    Eating to live. Not living to eat! We are on a new path that will give us a bright future. When I think about snacking I get up and look out side and think the world is mine again and food will never take it from me again! Stay Strong!!!
    Hey, and Gratz and I hope you are doing well. Yes, I I was looking on Pinterest for future recipes and it made my fat girl start craving things I can't eat. in addition to that I have been having dreams of food which kills me but I just have to deal with it. I'm not hungry but it's all a mental crave. I know it must be hard when you have children but be strong. This is only temporary and we will be able to eat what we want insmall healthy portions.
    I am just out of surgery as well. Still in a lot of pain. I am sipping on my fluids and do not feel hungry BUT I still have cravings. I have to cook for my 3 kids and I so want to take a bite which I am sure is out of habit. I know I am not able....have you experienced cravings?
    Thank you! It really is, I almost changed my mind right before going in the surgery room and when I woke upset, I was like wtf, it hurts so bad and complaining. I wasn't happy a happy camper. 2nd day and took in about 10 ounces of liquid and walked. I hope it gets easier soon because nothing really prepares you for what you have to deal with in the beginning. Staying positive and can't wait to feel a better without so much discomfort. Thanks for your positive feedbacks.
    Vanessa I woke from surgery wondering if I had made a mistake. I absolutely did not. Best decision I've ever made. It will get a little easier every day. And the results are amazing! Congrats. Remember the beginning is rough. Reach out if you need support!
    Vanessa~ I wish you a speedy recovery! Mine went very well and after a week home I didn't even have to take the pain medication.

Oh your journey is just about to begin to a healthier you!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast