Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Many congrats Dutchie :-)
    Thank you Susan, that means a lot to me!

I have to confess, that every time I think of pizza, I have to think of you! lol
    Is that a good or a bad thing, I wonder..
    Yep, you're a veteran! And doing so well! Your future is looking bright!

I love your advice to new people, you are extremely helpful.
    It is funny how some things we thought were so delicious pre surgery are disgusting after surgery. I do eat mostly what I want but focus on healthy first and foremost. But I do eat sliders on occasion. But I account for what I eat and also exercise every day.
    I think a slider moment should be done by all. We have changed our eating patterns so much since surgery that our bodies are probably protesting (ha ha). I think as long as we don't start eating things like we used to there is no harm in having a special treat now and then.

We are human and food is a huge part of our lives, we just can't abuse it like we once did and we shall be fine!!
    HURRAH indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    But only when those foods are not your previous downfalls and simple carbs are absolutely highly addictive for me.
    I just wanted to try.
    I am not making it a habit, I don't want to go there ever again.

I am over the moon that I didn't care much for that bread roll!
    Yes! I used to love bread a lot!! Now it gives me the toad froth and I'm just not bothered! HURRAH :-)
    Thank you Cody.
    Isn't this all fun?
    So proud of you! A few weekends ago i had raspberry sorbet for the first time since surgery. It was so good! It was a super special treat that I'm totally ok having every once in a great while! That was my first real slider moment.
    O yeah!
    It is wonderful when we feel set free!
    But only when those foods are not your previous downfalls and simple carbs are absolutely highly addictive for me.
    I just wanted to try.
    I am not making it a habit, I don't want to go there ever again.

I am over the moon that I didn't care much for that bread roll!
    Delicious foods in appropriate amounts are wonderful :-)
    That is a great post!! Dori was spot on!!! WOW!!
    That's a great analogy! Thanks for sharing!
    What Shannon said! I always think of the lamp -- one can use it as a door stop, or plug it in and turn the light on. We decide a lot of things about what we use effectively.

I think, at 66 having had so many surgeries and near fatal health encounters, I view my sleeve as a miraculous tool I can use myself! Feeling "empowered" to be the one wielding the tool is awesome. Thank you for sharing!
    Hi DutchSleeve!

It sounds like Dori has nit the nail on the head (no pun intended.)

The manner in which she sums up the use of one's VSG WLS as a tool (or rather, a hammer) is absolutely brilliant! The use of metaphores to best describe how one's VSG can be misused is delivered so with pinpoint accuracy.

I think I may have to "borrow" this sometime to re-post on my blog (with your permission of course.)

Thank you for sharing this. I really needed this today.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123