Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TarotAces

1. 3 more days....

Took my pre-op laxative this morning when I got up, and am officially on my 3 days of clear liquids stage.

Decided it was past time to take my 'before' pictures last night. I cried. Just SEEING myself from the back... I ... don't have words for it really. I was dismayed, to say the least, at the way I look. I could even go so far as to say I was disgusted with myself, momentarily.

You see, I had given up on caring about being healthy or trying to lose weight about
  2. 5 more days.... possible TMI

5 days out from surgery, 4 days from leaving for Mexico; alone.

I've been seeing people post about the Couch to 5k program (C25k) a bit lately and it's gotten me thinking about how NOT possible that is right now. I wish my back and knee would let me do the C25k program!!! I think once I've lost a good amount of weight those types of activities will become possible again. Sure, I may still need to wrap my knee, use a ton of IcyHot and pump myself full of Tylenol... but it'll be POSSIBLE!
  3. Between my 'About Me' section and now...

This was written as a reply to someone in the January 2017 Sleevers post (BelleKreyol) and ended up being a pretty long reply post that I decided should be edited a bit and posted as a blog post. I think it'll be useful for me to be able to go back and read this later, and also may be interesting to other people down the road... who knows.

Belle had said she'd be interested in hearing about others' journeys and I kinda rolled with it:

As far as my journey goes ...