Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Blog Comments

Dang girl...you go! Wow! I'm still on poached eggs, cottage cheese and today I had 1/2 of a small turkey sausage patty. Felt ok afterwards, but ended up with a real quick trip to the bathroom

This evening my menu consists a bariatric chicken cream soup. Oh last night I indulged in egg drop soup. Went well, but again to the bathroom I'm not real hungry but can't wait to eat a bite of chicken.

Keep on going!!!!
    TarotAces

Great update. Sounds like you are practicing sipping and waiting. Good skill to master ��I experienced the same with water that you are and it does feel odd going into stomach. I drank warm tea and was on skim milk for two weeks which gave me good protein. Fairlife milk has 13g protein in 8oz. I had to drink 4 cups a day. I think that really helped me in the early days and I was not a milk drinker before surgery. All the best to you as you recovery in good spirits.
    I'm glad you're doing so well. Also, great willpower not weighing yet.

Are you feeling hungry? How was the flight home with your tender belly?
    How would you say your experience with the Dr. hospital and the hotel was?
    I guess I was lucky. When I got home I could sleep on my side, no problem. I've lost 14 LBS since my surgery which has been 11 days. Not so keyed into that as to the eating part. Getting my water in isn't a problem. I just worry about the eating part. My big challenge is coming up February . I'm going to Jamaica, which I am very familiar with. We used to have a place there. Chicken and fish is plentiful
    The left side of the tummy is where the stitches are.

dont be discouraged if there's no loss at the first visit, or even a gain. Good job on the liquids!
    So glad to hear that your surgery went well and you aren't having any complications. I was allowed to have my protein shakes right away. My post op was liquid but not clear liquids. I still sleep with a body pillow. I find that I get uncomfortable if I stay in any position for the whole night so I go back and forth from my back to my sides. I did not have any issue with being on my left side but I did not have a drain. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?!
    Tarot, you're doing great and seem to be adapting well. You are correct about the left side and lots of people have a difficult time turning in bed. I used a pillow to lean on when I finally moved from my recliner to bed The way you describe the liquids going down is the way lots of our patients describe it and I also had that feeling. Looks like you're on track and good luck with the appointment and next phase of food
    I should really look at what I write before I post....gaawwddd
    Quote Originally Posted by TarotAces
    Thank you soo much Leslieann. It REALLY helps me feel a bit more normal to hear that. And a bit less worried about post-op pain.

How do the incisions/sutures feel? What were your post-op instructions from your surgeon? (I haven't gotten much info about that stuff really yet and am really curious)
    The incisions are really nothing. You're very sore, but nothing you can't handle. I used the! You'll be just fine, really.
    Your hard work may make you appreciate the surgery more and help you to stay on track. Hopefully you have other family members (and friends-the family that you choose) to encourage you on your journey. Best wishes for you surgery and exciting new life!
    You have worked hard for this, you are a strong beautiful person who deserves the best... congratulations at coming this far, keep us posted...
    You are truly a beautiful person. Very inspirational to read this. I have a hard time expressing myself unless Im close to someone but how you described yourself and situation really touched me. I can completely relate. I kind of feel alone because people cant understand what you go thru mentally but i commend you on your strength! It is worth it...you are worth too!! Travel safe and keep us posted!
    You made the right choice to bet on yourself. You are a real mother, you have to stay alive for your kid! The surgery is not that expensive when you look at it, it's cheaper than a new car...and you are so worth it!
    Somewhere I think (and hope) that having a dysfunctional parent makes us a better parent ourselfs. You want to do better for your own children. Giving yourself a better health is the best gift you can give to your son!
    WOW!!! Canot wait to meet you. You are an inspiration.
    TarotAces,

You really are a strong woman. My heart goes out to you. It's not for no reason we struggle with food. There are so many hidden emotions that we cover with food. Our experiences although may be different in so many ways are pretty much the same. It's a story of loss, pain, searching for peace and even redemption. Even though it has been nearly 9 years since I first had WLS, the pain still lingers. The recent weight I've put on since has taken me back to a very dark place.

Thank you for being so open with this post. You're not alone. We're here to support you.

Belle
    Thanks, everyone.

Yes, I'm going alone. Thanks for the google translator app tip! I'll be sure to download it before I leave.

Feel free to throw advice or tips my way, all are appreciated. <3

I read your post and teared up. I so wish I lived close enough to come over and give you are really, really big, long hug. I cannot imagine that interaction with your mother and what you would have been feeling afterwards. I was very close to my mother. She passed away in August of 2015. I was sad that she was not around to know I married my high school sweetheart in November of 2015 and also to see the success of my WLS. So it saddened me that you did not have a good relationship with your mother. And let me tell you this....YOU ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY!! Your son Brendan needs you to be around to see him grow up and have a family of his own. I am so excited for you. If you ever want to chat, I am always available. Big virtual hugs!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslieann
    You got this sweetie!! I was feeling really anxious 3 days before. I am now 4 days post. I feel actually great. Barely an pain. Got home last evening slept for 11 hours. Got up took one pain pill, antacid. Going for a walk outside in a few.
    We're doing this!!!!!!

Thank you soo much Leslieann. It REALLY helps me feel a bit more normal to hear that. And a bit less worried about post-op pain.

How do the incisions/sutures feel? What were your post-op instructions from your surgeon? (I haven't gotten much info about that stuff really yet and am really curious)
    You got this sweetie!! I was feeling really anxious 3 days before. I am now 4 days post. I feel actually great. Barely an pain. Got home last evening slept for 11 hours. Got up took one pain pill, antacid. Going for a walk outside in a few.
    We're doing this!!!!!!
    Yes the translate app is helpful. But usually there is someone around who can assist I had the same questions. I'm I doing the right thing? Well I'm here and it's done glad it's over so I can relax and start my weight loss journey! Good luck!
    Sounds about right. I just received my travel toiletries kit from Amazon. It has everything from travel size shampoo to swabs and lotion. I'm right behind you. Safe travels!!!
    You could go to CVS and get all your liquids in travel sized,(or get the small containers) that will help for the liquid requirement. Since I travel often I have several bag of toiletries ready in advance with tiny everything packed in one quart size ziplock bag.
    Look at https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...g/liquids-rule
    Also unless you are already fluent in Spanish, you could get the translate app ready on your phone, I was so glad to have google translate at the hospital since I'm not fluent in Chinese...
    And just in case I would also pack sick bags and wipes for the way back.
    Good luck!
    Good luck you will be great!
    Sounds like a good packing list to me. Hope you can get it all to fit. Are you going down there by yourself?
    Don't forget about the size limits on things like the hair conditioner....
    Quote Originally Posted by carterfamof6
    That is so wonderful. I am on day 4 and it is just now getting better. I don't like the taste in my mouth so I will need to find something to help with the terrible taste. 17 pounds!!! i hope that will be me
    The bad taste in my mouth eventually led to thrush and I had to get a prescription to get rid of it! And the medicine I had to swish in my mouth tasted like stale orange juice. LOL.
    You are killing the pre op!! That is impressive!! You got this! Your positive attitude is going to get you far on your journey!
    Congratulations! It will be worth it. Hang in there and before you know it you will be well on your way to a healthier you!
    That is so wonderful. I am on day 4 and it is just now getting better. I don't like the taste in my mouth so I will need to find something to help with the terrible taste. 17 pounds!!! i hope that will be me
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast